Can't connect to ftp

longball

Reaction score
I changed internet providers and now I cant use my ftp. It says I have the wrong IP address. How can I get the correct Address on my account. I use the ftp to download stuff to my account. Please advise

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I changed internet providers and now I cant use my ftp. It says I have the wrong IP address. How can I get the correct Address on my account. I use the ftp to download stuff to my account. Please advise
can you still log in to x10 control panel. ?
if changing providers it might change your registered ip address preventing you to login properly.
so when trying to access ftp x10 might not notice your ip.

but if you can access ftp manager in directadmin you might be able to add a new ftp account.
you can also wait for staff to assist you.

longball

Reaction score
can you still log in to x10 control panel. ?
if changing providers it might change your registered ip address preventing you to login properly.
so when trying to access ftp x10 might not notice your ip.

but if you can access ftp manager in directadmin you might be able to add a new ftp account.
you can also wait for staff to assist you.
Yes, I can still log in. I may try setting up a new ftp account.By the way my site is rsmbl.x10host.com

ctyrd

Reaction score
@longball
rsmbl.x10host.com has no ssl cert. https://rsmbl.x10host.com:2222/

You'll find ftp server works better with a cert. Both server names have same IP address. rsmbl.x10host.com, x12.x10hosting.com =>
198.91.81.12:21. Drectadmin software converts the name to IP, kind off virtual IP. Front door for edge.x10hosting.com.

http://198.91.81.12/ = Apache is functioning normally

$_SERVER['SERVER_SOFTWARE'] = LiteSpeed Web Server Port 443

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
What error do you get? You switching providers and getting a new IP would in no way interfere with connection by itself.

longball

Reaction score
What error do you get? You switching providers and getting a new IP would in no way interfere with connection by itself.
It was showing my new IP address and saying that it was a mismatch. It would let me access the server but I couldn't upload or download to it.