Resolved Can't Connect Using Private Internet Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

pintwin173

Reaction score
"There is a problem with your request
We've found that you're connecting with a network proxy, VPN, or Tor, and we're unable to complete your request because of this. Please disable any such service, sign out and back in."

Note I use a private internet account (xfinity) but access my Company's network via VPN to work from home due to the COVID-19 Eldemic. Your error occurs even when I'm disconnected from the Company's VPN and only on my xfinity account. I do not use TOR and don't access via public internet (e.g.: McDonalds).

Also note I've been a customer since 2011 and would like to backup my roughly 283MB website & Wordpress prior to getting an "Inactivity" due to your login requirement.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Pintwin173

Last edited:

pintwin173

Reaction score
Update: Attempted to connect using a device which is only connected to xfinity and NOT to my Company's network...

...same result.

pintwin173

Reaction score
Update: Attempted to connect using a device which is only connected to Comcast and NOT to my Company's network...

...same result.

pintwin173

Reaction score
Update: Initial attempt was using Google Chrome Browser. Attempted to connect using Microsoft Edge Browser with default settings, and (gasp!) MS Internet Exploder with default settings...

...same result. (Note I'm going through xfinity when I'm attempting to login)

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
as you didn't include your website server or url information,

-can you connect to your website at all ?
-are you just having trouble connecting to the login URL ?
-when was your last successful login/connection to your website ?
-what is your website URL ?
have you tried clearing any cookies/temp files ?

pintwin173

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, spacresx.

I have full access to my website & Wordpress, but cannot login to x10hosting to admin my account.
Last successful login to x10 was *probably* about 1-2 weeks ago.
Public Website URL is http://unsolicited.elementfx.com
All browsers tried had their complete history cleared prior to attempting to log into x10hosting account.
Just tried logging into x10hosting again, same error.

Regards, Pintwin173

pintwin173

Reaction score
FYI: A quick check shows a network proxy is not detected:upload_2020-12-18_0-24-48.png
Belts-and-suspenders, let's try another check, for invisible proxies:
upload_2020-12-18_0-33-35.png

Note I am disconnected from my Company's VPN when I access x10hosting and do not use TOR.
So, I'm confused as to what you've found which caused the error report.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Pintwin173

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
We have an automated service that helps us detect possible proxies, given that the only IP is see in the log is your comcast one, same as you have successfully used in the past I'm not sure why it suddenly flags it as a proxy.

I made a small adjustment to your account so you should now be able to login properly.

pintwin173

Reaction score
Anna, thanks for responding and making the adjustment....am able to log in now, happy as a Clam in high tide!

Status
Not open for further replies.