Can't execute SQL

Status
Not open for further replies.

samsungflashwiki

Reaction score
I have been notified by my customers that there is a problem when submitting a support ticket on my site.

It says "Can't execute SQL" when submitting - I tried doing a test ticket to see if it happens to me too, and I have the same problem.
I checked my admin area and they do go through fine, however the emails come through blank.

Is there a problem with the MySQL between my site and the server?

Best regards
Jordan

The new homepage on x10 looks very nice btw :)

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Have you tried getting the exact error message. A generic error message is too generic.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Check in the administration area if there is a log file with all the error messages. If not, check in the file system if there is a file named "error_log". If all that doesn't work, make sure you have the right MySQL user and password, and that the user has all the priviledges on the database. If all that doesn't work, try doing a clean install next to your current install to see if that one works.

samsungflashwiki

Reaction score
Hello again

Thank you for your reply!

here is the error log for the previous 2 days:
[05-Aug-2010 19:29:57] PHP Warning: Missing argument 2 for hesk_getEmailMessage(), called in /home/samsungf/public_html/hesk/submit_ticket.php on line 247 and defined in /home/samsungf/public_html/hesk/inc/common.inc.php on line 314
[05-Aug-2010 19:30:16] PHP Warning: Missing argument 2 for hesk_getEmailMessage(), called in /home/samsungf/public_html/hesk/submit_ticket.php on line 247 and defined in /home/samsungf/public_html/hesk/inc/common.inc.php on line 314
[05-Aug-2010 19:30:58] PHP Warning: Missing argument 2 for hesk_getEmailMessage(), called in /home/samsungf/public_html/hesk/submit_ticket.php on line 247 and defined in /home/samsungf/public_html/hesk/inc/common.inc.php on line 314
[05-Aug-2010 20:47:50] PHP Warning: Missing argument 2 for hesk_getEmailMessage(), called in /home/samsungf/public_html/hesk/submit_ticket.php on line 247 and defined in /home/samsungf/public_html/hesk/inc/common.inc.php on line 314
[05-Aug-2010 20:53:22] PHP Warning: Missing argument 2 for hesk_getEmailMessage(), called in /home/samsungf/public_html/hesk/submit_ticket.php on line 247 and defined in /home/samsungf/public_html/hesk/inc/common.inc.php on line 314
[06-Aug-2010 09:08:59] PHP Warning: Missing argument 2 for hesk_getEmailMessage(), called in /home/samsungf/public_html/hesk/submit_ticket.php on line 247 and defined in /home/samsungf/public_html/hesk/inc/common.inc.php on line 314

Also there has been a problem on 21 July described as
[21-Jul-2010 14:49:58] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/global.prepend.php:8) in /home/samsungf/public_html/hesk/inc/common.inc.php on line 1027

Thanks
Jordan

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

It looks like it must be definitely a email problem

Can't execute SQL: SELECT `email`,`isadmin`,`categories` FROM `hesk_users` WHERE `notify`='1'
MySQL said:
Unknown column 'notify' in 'where clause'

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
The issue is with the SQL query -- it appears that it is trying to access a field that does not exist in your database.

I am not sure what support software you are using or how it updates, but if it allows you to reinstall/update/repair the database, you should try that.

I'd recommend taking a backup of the database before you start messing with it, though, in case something goes wrong.

Last edited:

samsungflashwiki

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply Skizzerz
I will backup the database, and then will get it all repaired hopefully

Best Regards
Jordan

FYI I'm using Hesk which is included with Fantastico

Status
Not open for further replies.