Can't log in or reset password

gus

Reaction score
I just tried to log in today to make sure my account is still active and it looks like the login system has changed? So I tried to reset my password and the problem is that apparently, my email address on file must be one that is no longer accepted by the system or something because when I try resetting my password using it, no email ever gets sent... Could someone please confirm the email address I used? My site is truthbetold@elementfx.com and my username was "gus". I believe I changed the email after my old one became non-functional but again, apparently the new one I set isn't now being recognized. What can I do to resolve this? Please, please tell me I haven't lost my website! :(

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Email address on file for your acocunt is :

ad**in@apo**oan**malies.com : please note the ** do not indicate actual letters or numbers.

gus

Reaction score
Thanks Eric! That explains the problem. I thought I had changed the email but apparently I didn't. That's the old, no longer functioning one. Can I somehow provide you with my present email and have you just make the change to my account? Thank you so much for the help!

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Eric! That explains the problem. I thought I had changed the email but apparently I didn't. That's the old, no longer functioning one. Can I somehow provide you with my present email and have you just make the change to my account? Thank you so much for the help!
Your service is currently suspended as inactive, I'll unsuspend it for you so you may hopefully be able to sort this out.

The preferred way to get the email address for the account updated is that you, if you have ftp access or are able to login to DirectAdmin directly, create/upload a file called x10hosting.txt into the root of the account and in that file put what new email address you want us to set.

If this is not possible, we'll look into a different way to confirm you as the actual account holder.

gus

Reaction score
Thanks Anna! Fortunately, my login still worked to FTP the file. I just created/uploaded the file into the public_html folder which I assume is the root.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Anna! Fortunately, my login still worked to FTP the file. I just created/uploaded the file into the public_html folder which I assume is the root.
I have updated the email on file for you so you should now be able to properly sort out the password reset.

gus

Reaction score
That worked Anna! Thank you and Eric so much for all the help!