Can't log into my cPanel

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobgalka

Reaction score
Now that the move of Lotus is done... I can't log into my cpanel... invalid login....

This is the first time that I have tried to access my cPanel with my new computer...
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit... When I click on the log into cPanel from my account panel I get this:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

green_shield.png
Click here to close this webpage.

red_shield.png
Continue to this website (not recommended).

More information

<LI id=errorExpl1>If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting. <LI id=errorExpl2>When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com. <LI id=errorExpl3>If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website.
For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

I click on the continue anyway and the login panel comes up but I cannnot log in. I searched the forum for this problem and saw recommendations to change my password from the client account management screen and click on the update my security details.. the screen that comes up says that it will change my password for my client account, cPanel and forum... so that is what I did using my forum accunt password for Current.. that was accepted and I got an email saying that it was done, but I still cannot login to my cPanel... but I can log into my client account and forum ok...

The only other thing that I can think of is that my cPanel userid is different than my account and forum. I don't remember it being different, but on my older computer (now gone) the pc remembered my info so I didn't have to enter it.....

Whew.... ;O)

So can someone help me straighten this out.... ?

Thanks

user is bobgalka free account on Lotus.

Bob

bobgalka

Reaction score
No... I get to the log in screen but it won't accept my password... can someone teill if my cPanel userid is actually the same as my forum Id?

bob

bobgalka

Reaction score
Now that doesn't work at all... I get

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

and the address in link bar is https://fris.x10hosting.com:2083/login/

I am sure that earlier today that link got me the cPanel login screen...

Bob

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

I just tried again.. and now I do get to the cPanel login.... but it still won't let me in... Login attempt failed... it doesn't say if the problem is the id or the password...

and I still get the Website Security Message.... is that anything???

bob

zapzack

Reaction score
Is your website loading? Try changing your password in the account panel.

bobgalka

Reaction score
Yes my websites load fine...

As I said in my original post.. I changed my password from the account panel... and it said that the process finished successfully.. I even got email saying that the password was changed successfully.....

I signed off everything and closed IE.. I flushed the DNS ( couldn't hurt)

I could still log into my account panel, and the forum... but not cPanel....

Thanks for trying to help BTW.... ;O)

Bob

zapzack

Reaction score
Hmm.. Then this needs to be escalated to administration.. (I can't personally escalate it until I reach 750 posts)

Last edited:

bobgalka

Reaction score
Well thanks for trying... so is there something I can do or do I just wait for someone else to come along?

bob

bobgalka

Reaction score
I get to the login panel... (as before) but still login failed.....

Can you see if my cPanel userid is the same as my account and forum Id?

bob

bobgalka

Reaction score
Hmmm.... I was hoping not..

So... does changing the password from the accouint panel using my forum password as the current password... actually change the cPanel password as well? it says that it is supposed to.. but does it really?

bob

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

So can someone reset my cPanel for me... like a temp one that I have to change?

bob

bobgalka

Reaction score
thanks again zapzack.... I check in the morning.... maybe things will have settled down by then...

bob

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The account for sure does exist on the fris server.
yes, resetting the password through account panel is supposed to change the cPanel password as well.

There's one thing that may be the cause, but before changing that I want to get it confirmed so I don't mess things up worse.

bobgalka

Reaction score
OK... thanks

bob

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Any news?

Bob

zapzack

Reaction score
I'll update this thread for you if theres any news. In the meantime, have you tried to login again?

bobgalka

Reaction score
yes a couple of times... flushed DNS again can cleared my internet cache and cookies... no change.... I can still log into my account and the forums.... but not cPanel.

bob

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Just found a post that suggested going to the account login screen and say I forgot my password... then entering my email... I got an email with a link to enter new password... and now I can get to my cPanel...... Yay.........

bob

Last edited:

Toffmonster

Reaction score
Just found a post that suggested going to the account login screen and say I forgot my password... then entering my email... I got an email with a link to enter new password... and now I can get to my cPanel...... Yay.........

bob
This solution fixed my cPanel login as well, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.