Resolved Can't login to my account

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefy97100

Reaction score
When I visit my website I get "Apache is functioning normally." And if I try to login to the page that worked before you moved the backend I get: "An error has occurred forwarding your sign in." How to restore my website and login? Since December I didn't receive any emails from you...

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a requirement to log in at least once every 30 days to keep a free hosting account active. Relying on an email as the sole reminder is not advised.

During end of first week in March, as part of our maintenance that was announced in mid December, we purged all accounts that had no login activity during the last 60 days prior, your account was well outside that 60 day mark and even more so outside of the 30 day requirement for free hosting. Prior to our purging you last logged into your account on December 11th.

Initially we said cutoff for restores would be one week, purge was started on the 4th or March, meaning in reality we should not restore anyone past Sunday 15th, though we extended it a little bit extra, but it was said that the last cutoff date would be on Sunday 22nd.

You're lucky though that the restore is still possible for your account.
I'm running the restore now and the account should be good to go in a few minutes.

stefy97100

Reaction score
There is a requirement to log in at least once every 30 days to keep a free hosting account active. Relying on an email as the sole reminder is not advised.

During end of first week in March, as part of our maintenance that was announced in mid December, we purged all accounts that had no login activity during the last 60 days prior, your account was well outside that 60 day mark and even more so outside of the 30 day requirement for free hosting. Prior to our purging you last logged into your account on December 11th.

Initially we said cutoff for restores would be one week, purge was started on the 4th or March, meaning in reality we should not restore anyone past Sunday 15th, though we extended it a little bit extra, but it was said that the last cutoff date would be on Sunday 22nd.

You're lucky though that the restore is still possible for your account.
I'm running the restore now and the account should be good to go in a few minutes.

Thank you so much.. I didn't log in because I didn't receive any email that the transition of the backend was finished and when I try to login from the login page I get the message: We are currently performing migrations and maintenance on our backend systems, logging into the system may periodically be impacted. Please read https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/cpanel-migration-to-directadmin.206877/ for more information.

You should remove that message to avoid confusion.

Also I have a problem with the disk space in the new panel. Before I had 100Gb or more (I didn't remember) because x10Hosting has approved my website and now I get this: IMAGE

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I will request an admin look into your disk space allotment. I don't think 100gb will be approved, seeing as the average user gets 1/200th of that. Please clean up any backups or files not related to your site before an admin reviews your account. You should be using 75% or more of your disk space before requesting an increase. Please also note that the inode count (a file, folder, link, etc. count as 1 inode each) is fixed at 50,000.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you so much.. I didn't log in because I didn't receive any email that the transition of the backend was finished and when I try to login from the login page I get the message: We are currently performing migrations and maintenance on our backend systems, logging into the system may periodically be impacted. Please read https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/cpanel-migration-to-directadmin.206877/ for more information.

You should remove that message to avoid confusion.

Also I have a problem with the disk space in the new panel. Before I had 100Gb or more (I didn't remember) because x10Hosting has approved my website and now I get this: IMAGE
The login requirement was never removed during the maintenance period and does not require that you continue to the cPanel either, having logged into the account panel is enough. We have however halted the AUTOMATIC suspension system during the maintenance.

The maintenance is not fully completed which is why the note about it is still up there, due to unforseen events the new backend could not be deployed as expected but is still a scheduled part of the process.

At one point we did set accounts to unmetered, this is no longer the case, but we do expand the space as needed, as long as the account follows all parts of the ToS and all files are related to the site(s) in the account. During the transfer all accounts was put on the same base plan as we had accumulated a few versions over the years.

Quite honestly, right now you may not be entirely i par with the ToS. The folder /wordpressold/ would seem to me is a backup (that folder hold a large portion of your used disk space), correct me if I'm wrong and tell me where it is linked to from your site(s) so I can verify it is indeed part of the site.

Also this part of the ToS:
ToS said:
Personal Image and Video Galleries
Personal galleries are limited to 500MB of disk space for images and videos.

By appearance the site appears to be a gallery site, but since the gallery link does not work I can not check if that is a mistaken conclusion.

This means that at this time your account is not in par with the Terms of Service and can therefor not get more disk space for free. You are welcome to do an upgrade to our premium hosting if you prefer as that does not have such restrictions.

stefy97100

Reaction score
The login requirement was never removed during the maintenance period and does not require that you continue to the cPanel either, having logged into the account panel is enough. We have however halted the AUTOMATIC suspension system during the maintenance.

The maintenance is not fully completed which is why the note about it is still up there, due to unforseen events the new backend could not be deployed as expected but is still a scheduled part of the process.

At one point we did set accounts to unmetered, this is no longer the case, but we do expand the space as needed, as long as the account follows all parts of the ToS and all files are related to the site(s) in the account. During the transfer all accounts was put on the same base plan as we had accumulated a few versions over the years.

Quite honestly, right now you may not be entirely i par with the ToS. The folder /wordpressold/ would seem to me is a backup (that folder hold a large portion of your used disk space), correct me if I'm wrong and tell me where it is linked to from your site(s) so I can verify it is indeed part of the site.

Also this part of the ToS:

By appearance the site appears to be a gallery site, but since the gallery link does not work I can not check if that is a mistaken conclusion.

This means that at this time your account is not in par with the Terms of Service and can therefor not get more disk space for free. You are welcome to do an upgrade to our premium hosting if you prefer as that does not have such restrictions.

Sorry for the delay but I didn't receive the email of a new response.
Hi, I forgot about the /wordpressold and I can proceed to delete it. Yes, this is a gallery site, what do you mean that the gallery link does not work? The homepage of the site is the gallery. Now it's not working because I was changing something on index file but I cant upload it because I don't have space to upload. If before it wasn't working is because the htaccess after the maintenance seems broken and my website relies on it.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
.htaccess still works; is there a specific error you're getting? Check your error log in DirectAdmin and see what the last 500 error was from. Unsupported .htaccess directives will cause 500 errors.

You can request a disk space increase if you're running low, assuming an admin will agree that your site is following the terms of service. Just make sure the gallery part of your site is under 512mb, as Anna quoted in her post. I would recommend you download your backup, then delete it from the server.

stefy97100

Reaction score
.htaccess still works; is there a specific error you're getting? Check your error log in DirectAdmin and see what the last 500 error was from. Unsupported .htaccess directives will cause 500 errors.

You can request a disk space increase if you're running low, assuming an admin will agree that your site is following the terms of service. Just make sure the gallery part of your site is under 512mb, as Anna quoted in her post. I would recommend you download your backup, then delete it from the server.

Do I have to create a new post for the disk space requirement or I can wait here for stuff member to replay? Also Anna mentioned that private galleries are limited to 512mb limitation, my website is itself a gallery (public) so I think I'm in line with the ToS.
Also I get 404 error and not 500.. I think it's caused by the limit of my disk space.. Have to try when my space is increased..

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I said personal gallery, meaning a gallery that is yours to display.

A private, non public, gallery would not be allowed in any shape as that would fall under file hosting.

You have a folder /galleries/ with a bit over 1 gb of data that can not currently be viewed online, and by judging from the name alone it is a gallery (or several galleries) which would indeed count as a personal gallery when visible online, if it is not intended to be viewed publicly it'd be file hosting, and a breach of ToS.

stefy97100

Reaction score
I said personal gallery, meaning a gallery that is yours to display.

A private, non public, gallery would not be allowed in any shape as that would fall under file hosting.

You have a folder /galleries/ with a bit over 1 gb of data that can not currently be viewed online, and by judging from the name alone it is a gallery (or several galleries) which would indeed count as a personal gallery when visible online, if it is not intended to be viewed publicly it'd be file hosting, and a breach of ToS.

Oh, ok... I'm proceeding to download all my stuff and to remove the gallery

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
@stefy97100 @Anna Please let me know if this issue is resolved; either the space increase is not needed, has been done, or is still being requested.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It would no longer be needed, with the galleries removed he is long under the requirement for upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.