Can't restore EZPZ Wordpress backup: Your Linux server has disabled the exec function

Status
Not open for further replies.

cCorE

Reaction score
Server: chopin
Issue: I can not activate the wordpress plugin EZPZ one click backup, which worked fine on my old server. I need exactly this plugin to restore a backup. Most importantly I am getting the error "Your Linux server has disabled the exec function." which appears to be a server issue. Whatever it means, can the exec function be enabled on my account? What do I have to do?
Additional Information:
Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/ccore/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/ezpz-one-click-backup/functions/ezpz-ocb-functions.php on line 923
Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/ccore/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/ezpz-one-click-backup/functions/ezpz-ocb-functions.php on line 927
Your Linux server has disabled the exec function.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Can't restore EZPZ Wordpress backup: Your Linux server has disabled the exec func

we can not enable it on a per account basis, and it is not likely to be activated on free hosting at this time. I will relay the request though.

cCorE

Reaction score
Re: Can't restore EZPZ Wordpress backup: Your Linux server has disabled the exec func

It would mean a lot to me as without this i can not restore my blog ://

cCorE

Reaction score

damn thats sad I REALLY want to stick to this hoster, but I cant if I cant restore my backup. cant some do anything? :frown:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score

Apologies, but there are no plans to enable exec at this time, because of the security implications that would arise (exec lets you execute ANYTHING as if you had SSH access, and would let you do things such as access the files of other accounts on the server, or exploit other vulnerabilities that may exist).

Status
Not open for further replies.