Change domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakkiki

Reaction score
can i Change primary domain name on my count ?
if yes, how to make ?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
1) Post from the Forum Account linked to the Free Hosting account. I do not show any Free Hosting account linked to this Forum Account
2) State the x10hosting supplied subdomain you wish to be your main domain -- it has to be x10hosting supplied, you cannot use your custom domain
3) Wait for an Admit to see your request and make the change for you. You cannot do it on your own.

jakkiki

Reaction score
big thank you for your attention

1) my account is jakkiki.x10.mx
2) No, I do not want to change the primary domain name to that of a subdomain (for now I have not installed)
3) I wanted to try to change the name of my site to:
MoZuZi.x10.mx or MoZuZi.x10host.com or MoZuZi."what works on XO1 server."

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Any sub domain we provide would work on any server, so you'll need to chose which one you want of the two you supplied.

Also as pointed out by descalzo you should post from the linked forum account for any support requests so we know it is your account you want to make changes to.

If you do not know what forum account is attached to the hosting you can see information, and if you wish change the linked forum account, if you login to the portal and go to "Get Support" -> "Visit Forums". This will provide you with information about currently linked forum account as well as give you an option to switch to another existing forum account.

Once you re-linked, or checked which account you should use, just post back in this thread with the domain you want from the linked forum account.

jakkiki

Reaction score
I think my account is linked, now.
i wish change the current address off my account: jakkiki.x10.mx
to: MoZuZi.x10.mx
(but if I can do it myself, let me know)

thanks anna & descalzo including for the thread: "How to use domain names"

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
That hosting domain is associated with the forum account: lawjak0083
You need to either post from that, or make sure you link it properly with this forum account that you are currently using.

jakkiki

Reaction score
I lost my password for the account forum lawjak0083 .
and I can not reset the password for this account !?!!
I have reset the password for the account jakkiki@free.fr
and I linked this account using the name: jakkiki because jakkiki@free.fr is not accepted on this page to link the account (i used the reset pass)
I do not know what to do?
I do not even see how to delete my forum account and create another.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The password for that forum account should be the same as you use when logging into the portal for the hosting controls, if it isn't it would be reset to be the same when you update the password in portal.
We can't change the domain on the account without actually being able to confirm that it is your account, and since there's no personal details put in with a free account that we can use for verification, using the forum account that is linked is the only way to do it.

jakkiki

Reaction score
I understand your caution, this is reassuring. I regret having added complications
If I am not mistaken, my forum account (name = jakkiki; Email address = jakkiki@free.fr) now has the same password as my free hosting account and is linked with it.
The change can be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.