Change forum password?

Status
Not open for further replies.

all4God

Reaction score
This account in the forum is linked to my hosting account (free hosting so needs a forthnightly forum log on)
Next week i go on holidays with unknown internet access for 2 and a half weeks (going to america to help out at a kids camp for a couple of weeks as a mission trip)
so will need to leave instructions with a friend to log on to the forum for me to keep my site active.
The thing is, the pasword i use for my forum account is a rather generic password in that i use it for other things, so don't really want to tell it to anyone. What i want to know is if i change my forum password, will it still be linked to my hosting account (I ask because when i linked it i had to give the forum password if my memory is right)
Thanks

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it will still be linked if you change the password.

The reason it asks for the password during sign-up is to make sure you are actually linking to your own forum account.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
No, your forum password is completely independent of your CPanel password. Note, however, that your account panel is accessed by your forum login, and you can reset your Cpanel password from your account panel.

Wait, do you mean the passwords are linked, or the accounts?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.