Change of domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynical

Reaction score
Hello,

I'd like to please change my domain name from cynical.x10host.com to seannormoyle.net. It's been a while since I've been a x10 user, so I'm having a hard time figuring out if this is something I could do myself from cPanel or if I would have to put in a request... I'm pointing to nameservers ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com ... is this still correct?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
--Sean

webbrewe

Reaction score
Yes, after changing nameservers, just go to add on domains in cpanel and add the domain. If using WordPress or other cms and you didn't change the url in use, you can make that adjustment with phpmyadmin in the database.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You can not change the main domain, you would need to add it as parked, or addon, domain. A parked domain would act as an alias of the main domain while an addon domain can be a separate site.

We do not at this time allow the main domain to be any other then one of the free subdomains we provide.

Cynical

Reaction score
OK, thank you. Is that a new policy? Just curious as I used to be able to replace my x10 domain with the one I purchased, but this will work too. Thanks again for the help!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It is a fairly new policy, though a few months old. It was implemented around the time co.cc ceased to exist rendering a lot of accounts to have no functional domain at all attached to them. We then decided to remove the option to set a custom domain to prevent just such issues in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.