Change servername level to absolut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supernovacaine

Reaction score
I'm having issues with level.x10hosting.com, so is there a way you could switch to absolut.x10hosting.com?

With level I cannot access PhpMyAdmin, it takes forever to load the page but everything else works fine, but I am using X10 for PhpMyAdmin purposes. However, I have experienced great results with absolut as somehow it works on absolut, but not level.

Is there a way I can switch servernames? Thanks

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
That would not be possible.
All servers may from time to time have some issues due to the stress they are under with the number of users on each, next month it may be Absolut that have these issues.

supernovacaine

Reaction score
Is there a way I can make it so that when I sign up for an X10 account it makes an absolut servername, not level? Because I've made tons of X10 accounts thinking the servernames would vary, but they are always level, not absolut.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The server are "randomly" assigned, or well not fully random but in a way that distributes the accounts as evenly as possible between the servers.
So technically you could get another server, but there's no guarantee and no way to predetermine what server you'd want on.

iSean

Reaction score
just one quick thing if your problem is PHPMyAdmin maybe you could try an open source third party solution such as SQLBuddy which should be faster
without any problems.

You simple download it, then unzip the file onto a directory on your file manager and then you can simple navigate to it and log in :)

(Correct me if that's not allowed @Anna as I'm unsure about it)

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
just one quick thing if your problem is PHPMyAdmin maybe you could try an open source third party solution such as SQLBuddy which should be faster without any problems.

SQL Buddy throws this error on x10hosting's free-hosting servers....
==> 403 Forbidden - Access to this resource on the server is denied! <==

and there is no remote MySQL on x10hosting's free-hosting servers
see --> [ [url]https://x10hosting.com/wiki/Plan_comparison[/url] ]

iSean

Reaction score
SQL Buddy throws this error on x10hosting's free-hosting servers....
==> 403 Forbidden - Access to this resource on the server is denied! <==

and there is no remote MySQL on x10hosting's free-hosting servers
see --> [ https://x10hosting.com/wiki/Plan_comparison ]

I had that problem aswell for some reason when trying to upload into a directory under an addon domain, but it works if you upload to the default x10 domain

I removed sqlbuddy and installed phpmyadmin in my directory as you can see here http://sean.x10.bz/test/database/ is is much faster than the default phpmyadmin on the server, it does take a few seconds to load but one you are in, you can navigate like normal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.