Change to Inactivity Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Hello everyone! With the changes we have recently introduced to the Account Portal, we have updated our inactivity policy so that you must now log into the Account Portal once every 30 days. You no longer need to log into the forums to keep your account active, only Account Portal logins will count. You will be sent an email to your registered email address 14 days and 2 days prior to being suspended for inactivity as a reminder to log in.

To repeat: You no longer need to log into the forums, and instead must log into the Account Portal once every 30 days. This change has been reflected in our Terms of Service under section 7. Inactivity.

As always, purchasing one of our paid plans (Prime, Illuminated, or Premium) exempts you from this login requirement. Feel free to ask any questions you have about the new policy below, but as always, do not post support requests here.

The Account Portal is accessible at https://x10hosting.com/portal

Last edited:

pngesh29

Reaction score
The premium package is AWESOME. Thanks guys for the free hosting too. You guys Rock:smile:

conzone

Reaction score
just read my email, thought it was phishing. come to forums to check around.
I'll still use them.

danielle.seiley61

Prime Account
Reaction score
I miss the old account portal. But as long as you guys make sure to email us all at least once a month it shouldn't be to difficult to make the switch from the forums to the account portal.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
@danielle.seiley61 - The new account portal provides more information and is more up-to-date than the old Account Control area. It offers many benefits such as integrations with a new ticket system and your account information at a glance. Why would you like the old Account Control area better?

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
You have to actually visit the account portal, the remember me option should not affect that in any way

CoolFinalFan

Reaction score
thanks x10 Hosting! I still come to the forums anyways cuz there's alot of info here!!

tobyadams

Reaction score
Great policy change. Once again, the service impresses me. Amazing stuff!

jensenajob22

Reaction score
one thing that maybe could be an improvement was a field on the longIn page shoving the user whitch date the system recognices as the users last logIn. Eg a field that shows a confirmation of the logIn:
"Your last registrated logIn was: yy/mm/dd"
Perhaps you could consider something like that?
Br.

oconnort

Reaction score
For the last several days I have been unable to access the hosting site, i.e. www.x10hosting.com. My browser simply hangs with no response. I have tried IE7 and SeaMonkey (a Mozilla) browsers. These forums come up fine, obviously, but I cannot reach the main page, so I obviously cannot update my website. Anyone else having issues? Is the main portal down? No mention of it anywhere in these forums.

Tim

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

It looks like www.x10hosting.com is getting redirected to www.x10powered.com, which is being blocked by my company:
Web Page Blocked

User: oconnort
URL: www.x10powered.com_
Category: phishing-and-other-frauds

This is new. I've used x10hosting for years and I've never had this problem before. Anyone know what is going on?

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Sounds like you'll need to take that up with your company, or access x10hosting from your home computer instead of your work computer. Since x10Hosting is a free hosting service, there are a lot of people that open accounts with malicious intent, such as putting up a facebook login page in an attempt to trick people into typing in their facebook passwords (which is called "phishing"). We actively search for such pages and take them down immediately once we find them, but that appears to have not stopped your company from blocking the site. As such, I recommend you talk with them as there is nothing that we can do in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.