You could also do this:
- set your domain to point to x10 nameservers
- go to your cpanel
- click parked domains
- fill in your domain in the box
- click add a new domain

myatt88

Reaction score
I got a problem :( I've got it all set up and working except for 1 thing. When i log into by board, i get logged out when i enter a new page.

Edit: Fixed now :)

If anyone else is having this problem, make sure you edit your cookies for your new domain :)

Last edited:

earnthenspend

Reaction score
Although I already know how to do this, this is still very helpful for those people who dont know how to do it.

Thanks

ryu658

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the tutorial. I didn't kno what the x10 nameservers were. Very helpful.

balaji2u

Reaction score
hi mrocotogon,

I guess you used URL forwarding kind of thing so choose your type as Domain Name Server and set up the name servers as ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com..
hope this works..

kacete

Reaction score
For those using Free DNS, you have to create 2 times the same subdomain with NS settings, in the first using NS1.X10HOSTING.COM and in the second NS2.X10HOSTING.COM !

THaT 1 DJ

Reaction score
I'd first like to say thanks for everyone putting up these tutorials. They are quite informative. I do seem to be having more of an issue than others, though. I've registered usgamerz.com with 1&1 (this is my first time having my own domain) and I've pointed the DNS servers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com, as instructed. I've also parked the domain.

When I type in usgamerz.com, it just redirects to usgamerz.exofire.net, which was my x10 sub-domain. How can I keep it as just usgamerz.com? I've also changed the AMP to usgamerz.com.

I'd like to be able to add forums and create a subdomain to have them at forums.usgamerz.com. Again, I've never had my own domain and have always settled for the one provided when signing up, but I'd love to be able to use it in the manner I've described.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I've left out any details that may help anyone in helping me, please respond back. I'll check back later, as I'm heading to work right now.

rockee

Reaction score
...I've also parked the domain...
I can't seem to find anywhere in my tut where I mention also parking the domain - doing so, as well as following my tut, may be the reason you are still being forwarded to your free sub-domain.

Try un-parking your domain and if needed start the tut again - check in the left hand column of cPanel under Stats what your Main Domain is, it should be usgamerz.com.
If not then you may have to follow the tut again.

In effect what my tut does is replace the X10 free sub-domain usgamerz.exofire.net as your Main Domain with your own registered domain usgamerz.com as the Main Domain so parking your domain on to the free sub-domain may be causing your issue

In my cPanel for gemmas.ws there is no domains parked and my main X10 Hosting domain is of course gemmas.ws not my free sub-domain rocky.elementfx.com - in fact if I type my old free X10 sub-domain rocky.elementfx.com in my browser I get diverted to a suspended page which is worth noting as a test for when you have successfully followed the Tutorial and your main domain is now your registered domain name.

In the Domain Parking section of cPanel it will give you the details of where your domain is being forwarded also facilities to remove any parked domains.

-----------------------------------------------------

Post number 2 for omoney

nice i tried doing that several times and failed =(
Why, where and what fails?
What error messages?

There is a work around by using the Addon Domains in cPanel -

I also made a tut explaining the difference between parking a domain and using an addon domain.
http://forums.x10hosting.com/tutorials/59448-addon-versus-parking-domains.html

Note to forum Admin - a double post is usually more than one in sequence reply to the same individual post.
A single reply to an individual post even if it follows a previous reply to another poster is not double posting.

Last edited:

THaT 1 DJ

Reaction score
I can't seem to find anywhere in my tut where I mention also parking the domain - doing so, as well as following my tut, may be the reason you are still being forwarded to your free sub-domain.

Try un-parking your domain and if needed start the tut again - check in the left hand column of cPanel under Stats what your Main Domain is, it should be usgamerz.com.
If not then you may have to follow the tut again.

In effect what my tut does is replace the X10 free sub-domain usgamerz.exofire.net as your Main Domain with your own registered domain usgamerz.com as the Main Domain so parking your domain on to the free sub-domain may be causing your issue

In my cPanel for gemmas.ws there is no domains parked and my main X10 Hosting domain is of course gemmas.ws not my free sub-domain rocky.elementfx.com - in fact if I type my old free X10 sub-domain rocky.elementfx.com in my browser I get diverted to a suspended page which is worth noting as a test for when you have successfully followed the Tutorial and your main domain is now your registered domain name.

In the Domain Parking section of cPanel it will give you the details of where your domain is being forwarded also facilities to remove any parked domains.

-----------------------------------------------------

Post number 2 for omoney

Why, where and what fails?
What error messages?

There is a work around by using the Addon Domains in cPanel -

I also made a tut explaining the difference between parking a domain and using an addon domain.
http://forums.x10hosting.com/tutorials/59448-addon-versus-parking-domains.html

Note to forum Admin - a double post is usually more than one in sequence reply to the same individual post.
A single reply to an individual post even if it follows a previous reply to another poster is not double posting.

Thanks for the advice. I will try that. I don't think I mentioned the "parking" in response to your tut. I believe it was more of an "extra" piece of info just in case it mattered to anyone that might offer some help.

Again, thanks for the info.
Edit:
OK, I took your advice (unparked the domain) and I get the green page with this at the top:

Great Success !
Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server

It does go back to the usgamerz.exofire.net URL as well.

When I had the usgamerz.com domain parked, it did redirect itself to the usgamerz.exofire.net URL but the main Wordpress test post was visible.

Do you have any idea why this may be the case?

Last edited:

rockee

Reaction score
Follow steps 1, 2, and 3 to get the green message The domain you've chosen is currently available! for your domain name usgamerz.com that you typed in the box after putting a tick in the box above it called Check if using your own domain name, then and only then proceed to step 9.

Skip 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 as you have done the nameservers before.

It is no use proceeding to step 9 until your domain shows in green that it is good then go on to step 9.

Repeat until you get the good message and perhaps clear your browser cache occasionally but usually not needed in this case.

Note
I have just check your domain in my browser and http://usgamerz.com/ works now so all is looking good for you to move on. :)

Last edited:

THaT 1 DJ

Reaction score
OK. I looked over everything again and I think I've spotted the problem. I did as you said and made sure the main domain said usgamerz.com. I made sure there were no parked domains and that my x10 account info page showed usgamerz.com. I then checked the Wordpress install and noticed something. The install was still under my usgamerz.exofire.net domain and not the new one. I re-installed it and everything appears to be working fine.

Sorry for the questions. This is the first time I've had my own domain and I was all new to this type of stuff.

Thanks for everything.

jdw999

Reaction score
Not bad. One note to newbies like me, though: Whenever someone is referring to the AMP, they mean the account management page. This is the page you get when you browse to "www.x10hosting.com" and log in.

Might seem like a minor quibble, but it is an effective practice to never assume your user knows anything, and to always spell out an abbreviation on first use.

I used this tutorial to get my own domain name working, and discovered a better domain registrar (GoDaddy) in the bargain.

My X10 experience just keeps getting better.

Thanks again.

rockee

Reaction score
Rockee said:
1. I logged in to my Account Management Panel (AMP) to check the current details.
...and from when one signs on at X10 Hosting...
Sign On said:
To manage your hosting account's details (Domain, package, etc), use our
account management panel login located here:
http://x10hosting.com/

Last edited:

jdw999

Reaction score
Just trying to be helpful, as were you.

I don't think I have a reading impediment, but info does get lost sometimes in all the gray text in these posts.

My comments were not meant as a personal attack on you or the obvious effort you put in. They were meant as a helpful guideline, gleaned from my master's degree in technical communication.

Best wishes.

gvdeleon

Reaction score
Hi!

I have my own domain registered with Yahoo! Small Business. I am experiencing difficulty in using or transferring the domain to X10hosting.

I have, in fact, tried most of the things you have stated here. I believe I am doing something wrong as I have not achieved the expected result.

Could you please help me?

I have in my Advanced DNS Setting the following,

1. A and CNAME Records
2. MX Records
3. Name Servers

For the A Record, which is mydomain.com I have the Yahoo! IP Address. What should I change here?

Help, please?

jjrobotank

Reaction score
Great tutorial, i follow so far with what to do with the DNS (ala godaddy)
but since the Cpanel has been down i've been out of luck with the AMP and using it to check or verify my URL.
My question though, is that I have two URLs registered with Godaddy and
both are being forwarded to one x10hosting account in different directories.
Can this be done without having to create two x10hosting accounts? i'd rather not manage two.
Thanks
Edit:
Number 3 Name servers is the only one you should change i believe.

Hi!

I have my own domain registered with Yahoo! Small Business. I am experiencing difficulty in using or transferring the domain to X10hosting.

I have, in fact, tried most of the things you have stated here. I believe I am doing something wrong as I have not achieved the expected result.

Could you please help me?

I have in my Advanced DNS Setting the following,

1. A and CNAME Records
2. MX Records
3. Name Servers

For the A Record, which is mydomain.com I have the Yahoo! IP Address. What should I change here?

Help, please?

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
Please be aware that this is an old thread, started over a year ago, which for some reason gvdeleon decided to dig up again.

I haven't read the thread, but just wanted to warn you that if you're now trying to follow it, not all the info in it is likely to be accurate any more.