Changed account password, I think this broke CPanel and FTP passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

beegee

Reaction score
Changed account password (on this, your client site & setting), I think this changed my CPanel and FTP passwords (but not to match!).

So, I can log into forums, but cPanel and FTP passwords have not been updated, and have now changed.

My account is: bagoas@ http://suspended.x10hosting.com/ (not a play on account suspension, but rather an homage to the ancient text-bases infocom game)

I see many of these forum posts, but no self-guided solution:
http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/11737-i-cant-logon-cpanel.html

Sorry for bugging you!

PS: was it because I deleted the password change action before it had completed with cPanel (it said completed, and all I think the interface did was delete the history of it), or is it because you are updating your servers?

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Seem likely to be due to the upgrades, the password simply didn't stick on cPanel. Clearing finished actions would not affect how they were carried out.

Try logging into your account panel with your forum account and request a password change again.

beegee

Reaction score
Thank you. I will try various things. With patience: x10hosting is CLEARLY the superb free host on the web. I want you guys to stick around. I really appreciate your clean and coherent service. It rivals Siteground's paid services.

Good luck with the upgrades.

I am still experiencing login & 404 woes (cPanel, public_html, webmail & ftp), so if there is anything that needs to be done to remedy it, it would be much appreciated. Otherwise, I just hope the growth does great things for you guys!

polkadot

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with password for cpanel & ftp. Regular & forum logins work ok & I've tried password reset multiple times. Thanks!

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with password for cpanel & ftp. Regular & forum logins work ok & I've tried password reset multiple times. Thanks!

Please make your own support thread so that your issue can be resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.