Changes \ Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
The new site and backend system will be launched before the end of this year. We've made many, many changes to it since the initial launch date was announced which has delayed us in releasing it on time.

We are also doing major work on the servers... because of recent events we have decided to keep these details to our upper level staff, I apologize for not being able to be totally honest but some information just needs to be kept secret :).

You may be having some issues with connecting to your site, sign-ups, or many other things. It is not because we are short staffed, or because we don't care. 90% of all the current problems will be fixed when we launch the new site, so instead of spending time fixing these problems individually we are putting all our effort in to getting the new site out.

So, hang on a bit longer and everything will not only be back to the way it used to be but it will be much, much better.

If you have questions about this thread please post them here but we will not provide support here. Support posts will be deleted.

-Corey

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Does the problems include my site being reset?

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Sounds great Corey- I'm excited! :biggrin:

pacho

Reaction score
Latest changes in Stoli improved the sites a lot!!!
Congratulations for your kind work and I hope this new backend will be quick and smoothly.

F

Fahad

Did you just take DNS down intentionally, or was that a server outage?

Calystos

Reaction score
Did you just take DNS down intentionally, or was that a server outage?
I'm hoping thats a minor hiccup, lol. Cos reading many forum threads, loads of people are now having problems connecting to their sites - files vanishing, websites resetting, etc, etc (myself included, and yes I have a ticket in about it and have for over 24 hours now - oh an all the files that people are saying have been wiped are still there but on the proper servers IPs thus once they fix the DNS problem it'll get autosorted for everyone).

So lets hope its just a mixup an things will get fixed soon, :)

Other than that, yeah I agree the changes sound great and should make things a lot better, good work. :-D

hamsn

Reaction score
All x10 sites were offline, including my site,
I believe its part of the update process.

Sohail

Reaction score
Don't worry, everything is done for a reason. If anything happens we'll be aware of it :).

MistaC87

Reaction score
I've seen 2 people including me getting a page saying "Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server" for some reason. Filed a ticket with support, but is this problem very common so far?

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yea that is common, it should be fixed when the updates and so on are done, as Corey says in the first post of this thread I think.

I am one of those people getting that problem, and I am also one of the very few that can't log into their CPanel either....it should be fixed when their done (not sure if what I said on this post is correct or not, but I think it is , key word is think)....I won't be held accountable for anything I say, (I Hope).

hommetotem

Reaction score
when you say that the new site will be up for the end of the year, do we have to except a downtime until the 31st december or is it closer to something like tomorrow ?

F

Fahad

Downtime probably will be on and off until the end of the year, yes.

This kind of reminds me of last decembers x10 troubles. Then it was buying a seperate server for MySQL, transferring all the accounts, deciding against the server and transferring all the accounts back, along with total reinstalls for all servers. Two months of downtime.

Let's hope this is better.

hommetotem

Reaction score
Well even 2 weeks of downtime is too much and if it can sometimes get for as long as 2 months like you said it is definitely no, I will check then if my backups from 2 days ago are ok and consider going elsewhere if the situation doesn't seem to improve.

What kinda surprise me is that the migration plan doesn't really seem to have been tested on spare machines before being applied to production migration. I am also in the IT business and a migration for prod doesn't take days, at most 10 hours if things goes wrong, but usually all the plan and scripts have been tested properly and a temporary system is put into place if the expected downtime for users is too high.

karhukat

Reaction score
The new site and backend system will be launched before the end of this year...

You may be having some issues with connecting to your site, sign-ups, or many other things. It is not because we are short staffed, or because we don't care. 90% of all the current problems will be fixed when we launch the new site, so instead of spending time fixing these problems individually we are putting all our effort in to getting the new site out.

So, hang on a bit longer and everything will not only be back to the way it used to be but it will be much, much better.

-Corey

Can you give us at least some general idea how long before our sites are back up. Mine is down over 2 days already? Actually it was down, now it's gone, replaced by the x10 welcome page. Since I can't login to cpanel or ftp, it seems my account is gone.

Upgrades are great but it would be nice to have some idea how long before the sites are up again.

Thanks for your efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.