Changes to ad-free \ ad-enhanced

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,

We are still preparing for our new site and are implementing things in steps instead of all at once. Our next project involves server transfers and a change to ad-free and ad-enhanced.

First, the server transfers... we are moving all our free servers to a new provider. This means we will be transferring all the free accounts to a new server. I'd like to start this, this weekend. One of the main reasons we are doing this is to setup the server exactly the way we need it. Trying to make core changes to the server with thousands of accounts on it never goes well. I will post more information on this when it comes.

Second, we will be taking away the dividing line between ad-free and ad-enhanced accounts. The servers for these two types of accounts will be merged. This will make it much easier for us to manage and greatly improve the ad-enhanced stability. Ad-enhanced accounts will no longer be offered in the new sign-up process, instead an upgrade can be requested AFTER the ads have been placed on the user's site. This will greatly cut down on the abuse of the ad-enhanced service.

All ad-free accounts will be receiving an upgrade of disk space and bandwidth, the amounts will be announced later :)

Any questions?

The new IPs will be:
Absolut: 216.245.208.154
Cossacks: 216.245.203.58
Lotus: 216.245.223.218
Stoli: 216.245.212.210

Last edited:

gruponov

Reaction score
Regards, this implies that the bad hosting estara for many weeks.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
:) thanx for the heads up, suppose I should expect some downtime during the weekend then

gruponov

Reaction score
If they should report if the hosting should get damaged for days

Picard1595

Reaction score
Will there be any changes to the paid hostings, Like any upgrades to services? (ie: Disk Space and/or Bandwidth)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
There will be no changes to paid hosting.

Ad-enhanced will still exist, it will just have to be requested instead of letting everyone sign-up and abuse it :)

In order to change to ad-enhanced you will not need to move servers any longer, it will be able to be done on your current account.

-Corey

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Corey! Where are these new servers going to be located? If I can get the location of the datacenter, I can trace it to see how my latency should be to it compared to Dallas. If it's East Coast, that'll be great. Hopefully these new changes will improve the stability of every server and not compromise the stability of my forum.

Also, I realized my DynDNS domain name is using an IP address for it's pointing. Once the accounts are copied on, will we be able to see our server IP address so we can point the domain back to the proper server?

Last edited:

derk4392

Reaction score
So how long will the Stoli server be down? i was RIGHT in the middle of installing php-nuke onto my site and now i cant upload anything via FTP and i cant access my site.

neverdark

Reaction score
Thanks Corey, if ad-enhanced abuses will be removed, X10 will become the best free host...

eliasr

Reaction score
Great sound like more stability.

Just one cuestion, if i have my ad-enhanced account, this keep it right? i dont need make any upgrade?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Great sound like more stability.

Just one cuestion, if i have my ad-enhanced account, this keep it right? i dont need make any upgrade?

Just as long as your account is up and running, you don't need to do a thing to it.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess the servers will be assigned new IPs?
I don't currently use the x10 nameservers, I just put the IP as a-record and that works just fine for me at least :)

Jordan C

Reaction score
So the free accounts will be moved back to your servers soon, just temporally somewhere else, right?

Will the name servers just reconfigure them self?

BloggerS

Reaction score
Hello,

In advance, congratulations on x10hosting. A friend recommended it to me and I found it great.

Second, what will affect my account?. And supposedly would be faster, right?.

Best regards

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Very nice. Are you changing from softlayer to theplanet again or somewhere else.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
If they should report if the hosting should get damaged for days
Te pido no uses traductores para tus posts ya que no es muy claro lo que dices, si tienes preguntas al respecto, hazlas en el foro en español. Te pido no escribas más en este tema a menos que puedas usar un inglés claro para ello.

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
So the free accounts will be moved back to your servers soon, just temporally somewhere else, right?

Will the name servers just reconfigure them self?

No, if I heard right this isn't temporary, the servers are being moved.

Scott

Reaction score
We are switching data centers. We are moving all of our free servers to LimeStone Networks.