Changing name

Status
Not open for further replies.

battlingmaxo

Reaction score
I am considering selling a virtual program so I am redesigning my webpage but I wanted to know if It is allowed to change my webpage name and to sell on my page (My webpage is digitalart.x10host.com. I want it to be 3D Fishworld.x10host.com ) If I can change name and sell a little detail on how to change name would be of great help. Thanks

battlingmaxo

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Although there isn't an automatic way of changing your main domain name, we can change your domain name for you. Would you like me to change your domain to 3dfishworld.x10host.com? :)

Thank you,

battlingmaxo

Reaction score
Yes, do that and when I finish making my new webpage I will upload the new one. BTW I can sell here right?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, you can (there are no "non-commercial" restrictions or anything like that). But you'll want to use off-board payment processing since you can't use HTTPS properly here, and it's easy to fall afoul of commercial regulations if you try to roll your own. (It's not against the rules here, but you really do want to keep your buttocks covered when money's involved.)

battlingmaxo

Reaction score
What the heck is off-board payment processing? Is there a guide to helping me do this or am i better off with a host like Sellfy? I guess i would setup a paypal account and maybe take credit cards but I don't have a clue to get started yet.

battlingmaxo

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
PayPal (or Stripe, or what have you) is a good example of the breed; your site doesn't deal with the customer's financial data at all, it just gets a transaction status from the processor (PayPal). Use a service like that and you lose 99.7% of the headaches.

The alternative way is to set yourself up with one of the large payment gateways, but then you have to deal with credit card numbers and so forth on your own site, and you then have to worry about what you must and must not store, and in what format, and securing the communication of those details between you and the customer, between your site and the gateway, etc. (not to mention dealing personally with charge-backs, fraud, yada, yada). It's hard to get right, and easy to cause a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.