Check out my racquetball site

dragonpimpsta

Reaction score
The only purpose really for my website is to register for racquetball tournaments. It also has a link to our facebook page i guess. lol.

Critique the layout. I designed it in notepad and tried to keep it as simple as possible.

bovril

Reaction score
Hi,

I think I'd perhaps separate the items you have on the home page into About and Events - the charity tournament is a little hard to read about because most of the information is in one huge paragraph, and you could really plug it well if you gave it a little more space and formatting.

Another thing that makes it hard to read is the white on black - I find it just a bit harsh. Smart use of colour could bring it to life.

Finally, I didn't expect an email pop-up when I clicked on 'contact' - maybe the label could say 'email us', or link to another page with contact details?

Having said all that, the site does what it's supposed to do, and it's easy to navigate around, which is half the battle.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
White on Black is a bit tough on the eyes, but then I spend way to long online so it's probably ok for most.

Given that you have paid for a domain name and have a site set up why not put your photographs onto a gallery or slideshow on it? Remember when you upload ANY content to a social networking site be it text or images you automatically give them the right to use it anyway they want, and that includes selling your personal photo's as stock images.

Bovril makes a good point - the registration form is embedded why not the same system for contact purposes?

dragonpimpsta

Reaction score
I'm not good enough to script a picture gallery haha. Plus i'm lazzy so i might stick with facebook for a while.

As for the color scheme i guess i should eventually invert it or do something different. Mostly old people visit this website too so they probably have a hard time reading it.

Good idea with the home page. I didn't really put thought into it. Organization is good