Check out my site

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't like is, sorry. It looks very much like you made it in 10 minutes in frontpage.

~Callum

tonydakilla

Reaction score
ok besides from the fact you don't like frontpage(which i never use in the first place.) What don't you like about my website. is there not enough content, or because i kept the background white(which is the Color Final Fantasy 8 Case.) or because i got Background Fixed. or maybe because there is no javascript(which idk) just please tell me.:eek:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
The background doesn't fit - it stops halfway down
I can't read the menu
You've just chucked some random colours in, and they really don't fit. Try kuler.abode.com for colours schemes.
The random image on the left has a grey background while the actual background is white
everything is square
The header image just... stops.
You need some <br />s in the writing
you need to change the colour of those links
You need to move all the CSS to a different file
You need to change everything to CSS
You shouldn't be using tables at all, unless you want a table
your favicon has a space in the file name!

~Callum

tonydakilla

Reaction score
ok i it take your advice but what do you mean the header image just stop i have it 800 x200 and i have and all my css on a external file sheet all aready beside the body tag. i update the site then let you check it out again

v4xde

Reaction score
Hi,
It took me over 45 sec. to load, try to get it faster by reducing things into the HTML and images size and amount.
don't mess around with those nifes always on top of heading.

v

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It took me over 45 sec. to load, try to get it faster...

That's your connection, not the site. There are certainly problems with the site, but they have nothing to do with speed.

About those problems: one of them, at least, is that you designed it for your screen and your screen only. I have a wide monitor on my laptop (1920 px), and the centered content area sits right on top of your logo. That's because you designed for a screen that's probably 1600px wide, and the content sits between the little guy in the top-left corner and the Lionheart graphic in the lower right. On my monitor, the center area sits a little over 300 pixels farther right than you's planned. I don't like the menu either -- the graphic and text don't go together at all. The graphic means nothing (it's the same bayonnetted revolver for every item) and makes the text next to impossible to read. The semitransparent blue background for the menu bar just makes the problem worse. If you want a fixed top menu, make it opaque so that the content below is completely obscured. And yeah -- you need to break up that block of text and add some white space. I'd make it left-aligned rather than centered as well if it were me -- it's just plain easier to read that way.

(And yes, Frontpage is a problem, even if it's not the problem here. I think what Callum was trying to say is that it looks like you did the site in one go, rather than taking the time to give it a second or third look, taking usability into account, revising your assumptions along the way, asking for other people's opinions and so forth. I realise that's what you're doing right now, but it does seem that things like the menu's readability should have been pretty obvious.)

hadian82

Reaction score
For content its great because im fans of final fantasy.. But i not aggre with template.. Create template more gamers look.. BTW kee ur work guy :)