Checkout my new project

akkudreamz

Reaction score
Please checkout the new project iam working upon

http://lampdevelopers.com/ebookshop/

its an ebook shop using Clickbank as payment gateway
currently in pre-alpha stage, built using Joomla and lots of customised coding...
i am not the designer so no credits/comments for that come to me :p

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I was up all night learning more about color theory (I'm not a student, I did it for myself) and now you want me to review your site. Your site can be used for showing people what's the total opposite of good color combination.

akkudreamz

Reaction score
what to do..its the design we have to stick to as that's what the client asked us to use, he got it done on his own
:-|
and i mentioned that in my post as well...
i am just the developer

Last edited:

frankfriend

Reaction score
Hi akkudreamz,

Don't understand how the Your slogan here is used in the Header.

It looks like a bookstore [so it will be familiar to users]. Why have the Help page without the ability to ask for help - or at least have a searchable FAQ,

Colours - not that bad - actually they are in the same tone. Try making them more similar. A more common colour on a page can look better - or not according to your taste.

akkudreamz

Reaction score
ok...thanks for the comments guys... :)

1. I have nothing to do with the design
2. The client can change the template from admin panel (lots of those are there for Joomla)
3. Help page is one of the pending sections as this is the first demo stage for the client to see

4. No comments for how it works, or what modules i made to customise Joomla and get an ecommerce site with downloadable goods :-( which would have been what i was looking for

Last edited:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
As for the technical part, if it works it works. There's nothing to be said except how it looks like and is the layout usable enough, witch are design maters.

You can't expect to get your scripts fully tested by forum members, mostly because people don't have enough time. There are people doing that for living ;)

We are not able to see your scripts cos they are php so doing a full review is impossible.

Bottom line. You can only expect design reviews and small bug reports on forum like this. Nothing more that that.

freecrm

Reaction score
I have to admit I'm in agreement with Leviathon here. We don't know how much of the coding you have changed so as far as we know, it could all be template based.

As previously commented, the design sucks, and although it is not what you asked about, this is what the first impression to the viewer is.

If the viewer don't like the way it looks, he aint gonna bother working out if he likes the coding!

wjh2303

Reaction score
one glaring issue is that the book titles and images dont seem to match
also under your title reads 'your slogan here', presumable left over from the template
3rd, the help page doesnt really offer anything, you could probably atleast provide some contact details untill you sort that bit out

Last edited:

warenli

Reaction score
The banner looks great. But i feel something is wrong with the color combinations at the bottom.
I guess the banner color and the red color dont go well together.

I cant see any book images.

The "Join our Newsletter" will look nice in the right sidebar, I guess.

I would rate 6.5/10.