Class 'JError' not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

kane1x10

Reaction score
My site has been broken for many months. I have a temp page I set up with simple html so the links would work. I get PHP errors. This happened the last time I upgraded Joomla.

I have given up on fixing it. So, I deleted everything and started over. After what I think was a fresh install, I still get the same errors! I tried PHP 7.1, 7.2, and 7.3. Same with all 3.

Now the spooky part! Even after manually deleting everything, I still see that simple html page load as if it is cached somehow. I tried 3 different computers on 3 separate ISP's and it is still there!

How can I flush it all and start over?

If you look at it right now, I have an install set up. The joomla adminstrator page gives this error. "Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'JError' not found in /home/kane1x10/public_html/administrator/includes/framework.php:21 Stack trace: #0 /home/kane1x10/public_html/administrator/index.php(40): require_once() #1 {main} thrown in /home/kane1x10/public_html/administrator/includes/framework.php on line 21" The root page is that html page that is not supposed to be there anymore.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
What is it you see, and what is it you expect, and on which of your domains?

I see your custom domain does not use our nameservers, this means you have to manually update the A record to reflect the new server you are located on. The IP of your server is 198.91.81.12

As for the joomla error, have you tried contacting their support, from the message you get it would seem that there is a problem with one of their files. I am not familiar with Joomla myself, and in general we are unable to provide scriptrelated support.

kane1x10

Reaction score
Sorry, I gave too much information.

What I want to do is start over from scratch. The error says something is not compatible. Yet, I have deleted everything and reinstalled a bunch of times now.

The symptom is going to kane1.com and it finds an index.html and loads it. Yet, the path for that is no longer there. Going to kane1.com/administrator give the PHP error yet, which was the original problem after the joomla upgrade. Again ... that path is no longer there! Where is it getting the files from to even load a page at all?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you update the IP of the custom domain? If you haven't it would still see the files on the old cPanel server that is actually online for backup purposes still (just not possible to login to cpanel on them as the license is now dead)

kane1x10

Reaction score
Wait ... what? There is a new IP? Funny, I was starting to wonder about that and was looking at what IP I was using.

Direct Admin DNS says A kane1.x10host.com. 14400 198.91.81.12

My DNS record for kane1.com is 198.91.81.3.

I just changed my DNS to match Direct Admin, assuming that is the right IP. Now to wait a bit and then check if the page still loads.

Since I deleted everything after giving up, is there a way to get the old stuff from the old CPanel since it is still there?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The database I can access easily, for files you *might* be able to ftp in using your old server as hostname. The only other option is a full wipe and retransfer of the account, which is not something I can access and would have to talk to a higher admin about.

It was mentioned in the announcement about the changes that anyone not using our name servers for their custom domains would need to change that manually, and I included that information in my first reply to your post.

kane1x10

Reaction score
Awesome! I am on track now. A new joomla installed and the page is at default. That administration page is also loading. I must have missed a message about changing IP's the first time around. I saw your post this morning. I was thinking about that last night, but did not change it right away. It is changed now.

For some reason the backup won't restore. It says that the path isn't there. I guess I will do the manual rebuild. I have all the files saved at home.

Not sure about the database right now. I am not for sure how joomla works on blogs. I have a feeling I lost my blog. I am sure no one will care. :)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I can take a fresh backup of the database as it is on the old server, I noticed that you have two databases, would you want both of them? Most of the textual content should be stored in database (images probably not though)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately phpmyadmin doesn't really give me a timestamp on when they were created, I grabbed and put both in the root of your account.

kane1x10

Reaction score
Got it. It won't connect, but I will have to figure that part out. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.