Cname help

Status
Not open for further replies.

marvso

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I can't seem to get the domains to work, or post in the Free hosting support section.

My site is hosted on Chopin, which is, of course, having troubles with the cgi default page when it comes to parked domains. Someone said to remove and reconfigure the parked domains to fix the problem, and I did. And it didn't fix it, it just caused more issues.

What I am trying to do is re-set up a CNAME for www.forum.x10domain.com that points to domain.externalsite.com . While I am able to set it up, and the url forum.x10domain.com works, I receive a server error if I type in www.forum.x10domain.com .

Does anyone know how to solve this problem, it worked before, and I've looked everywhere for a solution. Thanks for any help! :)

EDIT: OK, I have no clue what I did but it works now. Here's the settings, for those searching for a solution in the future:
www.forum.x10domain.com | 14400 | IN | domain.externalsite.com

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Sorry for double posting, but now that the park domain problem is fixed, my cname problem is back. But this time, I can access www.forum.x10domain.com and not forum.x10domain.com . Any help, please? :D

Last edited:

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
*****Thread Moved to Free Hosting*****

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

It would be easier for us to actually help with the problem if you provide the domains involved. If you do not wish to have it public, you can PM me, but be aware that it may take longer to get it sorted in case I'm not around for a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.