Co.cc problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasan.64118

Reaction score
I got a co.cc domain for my site, but a there is a problem that I can't deal with it.
When I go to my co.cc domain, the url does not have /index.php after it. It stays at 3dsaddicted.co.cc even when I click on a link or a page. But on my x10hosting domain, everything works fine. How can I fix this? I will appreciate it if someone helps me out.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
It is because you are hosting the co.cc domain at co.cc and using a frameset.

Go to co.cc and set the nameservers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
You have a redirect in your .htaccess.

hasan.64118

Reaction score
If that's so can you explain to me how to get rid of the redirect? Sorry, I have no knowledge of this stuff.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Go to cPanel --> FileManager or use FTP to copy the contents of .htaccess in public_html and post it here (use the CODE tags from "Go Advanced" )

hasan.64118

Reaction score
Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^3dsaddicted\.co\.cc$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.3dsaddicted\.co\.cc$
RewriteRule ^/?$ "http\:\/\/3dsaddicted\.elementfx\.com" [R=301,L]

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Rename .htaccess to .htaccessBAK . That should fix it.

Remember to clear your browser cache and history before checking your site after doing it.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
That code basically says:
If the user arrives on 3dsaddicted.co.cc OR www.3dsaddicted.co.cc send them to 3dsaddicted.elementfx.com

Remove that entirely to have the co.cc work on its own as well as having the elementfx.com work on its own.

Another problem with your co.cc would be the fact that the folder it is configure to point to under addon domains does not exist, which would cause the domain give an error (document root for the domain is not found where it is expected to be found).

Last edited:

hasan.64118

Reaction score
I deleted the .htaccess and I created a new addon demain (3dsaddicted.co.cc of course) that points to /public_html, since thats where my sites' files are located. Would that work?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
If you want to point your co.cc domain to the same site as your elementfx.com one, then just park your co.cc instead. Parking a domain will just point it to the same site.

Status
Not open for further replies.