College

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I never thought about it that way. I took the ACT Oct 24th. Do you have any idea about the real time it takes them to score it? They usually lie about that?

The multiple choice sections on the ACT should be posted starting November 10th. They usually don't lie about it, they just give a huge range. They say the multiple choice can be posted on the ACT website anywhere between November 10th and December 28th.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The multiple choice sections on the ACT should be posted starting November 10th. They usually don't lie about it, they just give a huge range. They say the multiple choice can be posted on the ACT website anywhere between November 10th and December 28th.

It would be great if it was there on November 10th. I'd be extremely happy. I can't wait to see what the scores are.

I know I won't do extremely well this time but it was great practice.

How many times have you taken it? This was my first.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
It would be great if it was there on November 10th. I'd be extremely happy. I can't wait to see what the scores are.

I know I won't do extremely well this time but it was great practice.

How many times have you taken it? This was my first.

I've taken it once before, and once recently, so two total.

The first time I registered for it through my high school, so I didn't have an online account. While all my friends with online accounts were checking their scores online, I had to wait for ACT to mail the results to me. It was terrorizing. -_-

How many times do you plan to take it?

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I got early-admissions to harvard

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I've taken it once before, and once recently, so two total.

The first time I registered for it through my high school, so I didn't have an online account. While all my friends with online accounts were checking their scores online, I had to wait for ACT to mail the results to me. It was terrorizing. -_-

How many times do you plan to take it?

I plan to take it at least once every semester until I graduate.

I got early-admissions to harvard

That's awesome :)

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I plan to take it at least once every semester until I graduate.

They say that the second time you take it is usually the best. Also, I dunno if your state does this or not, but Illinois students are required to take the test during their junior year during a school day. Those scores are also said to be higher because students are in a more comfortable environment.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
They say that the second time you take it is usually the best. Also, I dunno if your state does this or not, but Illinois students are required to take the test during their junior year during a school day. Those scores are also said to be higher because students are in a more comfortable environment.

Yes, the State of Tennessee also requires that. I think I would feel more comfortable, that's actually really interesting.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Yes, the State of Tennessee also requires that. I think I would feel more comfortable, that's actually really interesting.

They say that even though people may not feel a massive difference, being placed in a building where they've spent years learning in, and being surrounded by people that they've known for a long time, helps them think less about adjusting to their surroundings and more to their test.

Are you ever going to take the SAT?

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
They say that even though people may not feel a massive difference, being placed in a building where they've spent years learning in, and being surrounded by people that they've known for a long time, helps them think less about adjusting to their surroundings and more to their test.

Are you ever going to take the SAT?

I've thought about it. Have you taken it? If so, is it much different? I've heard it's much harder.

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Wow, you guys actually beloved me? I am a complete idiot, I could never get into harvard.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Wow, you guys actually beloved me? I am a complete idiot, I could never get into harvard.

lol No, I neither beloved nor believed you.

That's why I told you to join the Harvard '14 network. :p

I've thought about it. Have you taken it? If so, is it much different? I've heard it's much harder.

I took the PSAT, and it's a lot different. And yes, it is a lot harder.

Last edited:

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You believed him? o_O

I thought your "That's awesome :)" was sarcastic
Edit:

Nope, it has Math, Critical Reading, and Writing.

Nope, not sarcastic :p.

Hmm. I might try it. Does it ask you like "What was the theme of this passage" and that stuff? I hate those questions.

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
I got the spelling skills of a 4 year old.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Nope, not sarcastic :p.

Hmm. I might try it. Does it ask you like "What was the theme of this passage" and that stuff? I hate those questions.

Yea, the critical reading section is ridiculous. The passages are really difficult to understand and remember, and the questions are so general that it seems like all the answer choices could be considered correct if you base it on opinion.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I got the spelling skills of a 4 year old.
Haha. I'm assuming spell check is your best friend?
Yea, the critical reading section is ridiculous. The passages are really difficult to understand and remember, and the questions are so general that it seems like all the answer choices could be considered correct if you base it on opinion.

Ahh. I hate questions like that.

Wow, I just realized this thread is huge. All, somewhat, concerning college :)

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Wow, I just realized this thread is huge. All, somewhat, concerning college :)

lol One of these days, this thread will become so famous that it'll be the #1 result when Googling for "How to get into a good college." Then young kids in the future will read our conversation to learn everything there is to know about getting into a good college! lol