College

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
lol One of these days, this thread will become so famous that it'll be the #1 result when Googling for "How to get into a good college." Then young kids in the future will read our conversation to learn everything there is to know about getting into a good college! lol
Then we'll be famous? :)
I'm in med school right now. Yaaaaay.

Kinda feels like :bash: most the time.

Overall, do you like it?

sonicsshadow

Reaction score
I'm currently a freshmen in college (university) for computer science. I don't know how exactly I like it. I basically know everything I'm learning in my computer science classes already, and I'm in computer science 2. There's a ton of stuff I know about, but I want to learn more about it and I don't think they're going to cover that. I'm not going to a bad school either, so it really doesn't make sense.

Overall it's a ton of work and you really don't have time to do anything besides maybe talk to people in your building every once and awhile. I used to have a ton of free time but now I pretty much have to spend most of my time reading or doing projects (there are a TON of projects in college).

It'll probably be worth it though.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
I'm currently a freshmen in college (university) for computer science. I don't know how exactly I like it. I basically know everything I'm learning in my computer science classes already, and I'm in computer science 2. There's a ton of stuff I know about, but I want to learn more about it and I don't think they're going to cover that. I'm not going to a bad school either, so it really doesn't make sense.

Wait until you get in some higher level courses focusing on more than learning a language or OOP concepts, that's when you'll start to have fun. :p

For my "intro" CS sequence I felt the same way. Then I switched to electrical engineering so I could have even more fun.