Coming Changes + New Staff

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Just going to post a quick global update. There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes preparing for what will officially be x10 v4. Our new site is well under development and I'm hoping we'll be ready for launch at the end of July.

I'm going to start giving some attention to the forums to clean up old threads, stickies, etc... so some things might go missing while new ones appear :).

Regarding staff, I will be hiring 5-10 new staff members in the coming weeks. I've already picked a few of you that have submitted applications. I will be checking in on you over the next few days. If you'd like to submit an application just go here: http://forums.x10hosting.com/modapp.php

More updates to come!

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
This will be an amazing update to x10Hosting, well worth the disorganisation for a few days while it's all sorted. The new site will be much easier to navigate and the new staff will help x10Hosting develop further as it has to cope with the thousands of users on the forums. x10 FTW!

-Luke.

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
There is no need to post any spam in this thread. If you do then you might receive an infraction and don't have any hopes of getting chosen for staff.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm really excited to be here to see all this unfold. It seems since I first found this host that things have gone from strength to strength - even with the problems that improvement has to have.

Are there any ideas on the horizon to make X10Hosting even better with more functions/services available? Can we hear a hint about it or will we see with the new website update to X10 v4?

Thanks and keep up the great work, of which most goes unnoticed.

Martin

PS: I've also added an application too.

Last edited:

Scott B

Reaction score
So this means that no applications were lost with the vBulletin upgrade? Because I am getting the "you have already submitted an application" message.

Daniel S

Reaction score
Yes none of the applications have been lost during the update. They still remain and are being reviewed.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Cool update, still looking forward to the new site and the way things run around here! This might explain why I can't get x10Radio's main site.

marox

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Well the new version is coming up as you said in July. So don't you think a French dedicated forum's section will be more helpful, like the Spanish one?! You're thinking on that?

Thanks (Y)

Nathan H

Reaction score
Congratulations guys you have come along way in the past years. This new x10 sounds to be the best one yet. ;)

Replay to smith6612, i thought x10rasio closed cause the main DJ retired or so i heard.

Also does this mean my friends (RC Master) testiumony on the front page will be removed/have the correct link?

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Please can we remind people applying to be moderators that you need to have been with us for a reasonable length of time (e.g. no less than a month) and you need to have a reasonable amount of useful posts (50 or more maybe?). There's no point applying if you're inactive, because we don't know whether you'd efficiently tidy up the forum(s) you're assigned to. There's a lot of applicants who've hardly posted or are really new to x10Hosting and don't really know their way around ;).

I may only be a moderator, but Starshine had a set of guidelines for applicants and I think the same or similar are needed here.

-Luke.

Last edited:

Nathan H

Reaction score
What about people like me, iv been with x10hosting for literally years, but i have only recently been active on the forums on this account, the date has been changed by corey but my avgposts is terrible cause iv only been using this email a short time?

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
What about people like me, iv been with x10hosting for literally years, but i have only recently been active on the forums on this account, the date has been changed by corey but my avgposts is terrible cause iv only been using this email a short time?

Above 100 posts is perfectly OK in my opinion, I was referring to really new members or people with only 15 posts or something really low; these people just won't get picked :).

-Luke.

Nathan H

Reaction score
Hmmm, i know i got rejected from the last moderator application run cause other people got the position, but why when i try to apply this time do i still get a
You cannot submit more than one application. Please be patient.
message?

Ps can we get any previews of the new x10hosting site, like betas?

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Hmmm, i know i got rejected from the last moderator application run cause other people got the position, but why when i try to apply this time do i still get a message?

Might be a database issue, maybe Alejandro would be able to look into it if he sees this?

And no, no previews. You'll all have to wait for a while to see it, otherwise it might spoil the surprise :).

-Luke.

Daniel S

Reaction score
Hmmm, i know i got rejected from the last moderator application run cause other people got the position, but why when i try to apply this time do i still get a message?

It says that because your application still remains on the system and is being reviewed just because you did not get in with the last lot of moderators does not mean that it has been rejected. And no there are not any previews of the new website at the moment.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
He doesn't have it...rofl

sounds great Corey!

jjpeacha

Reaction score
Awesome, really looking forward to the update. Been following x10 for a while and love the way it's turning out.

Can't wait to see the new site!

-Jj

P.S. I applied too =]

sanjr

Reaction score
Wow.
Didn't know x10 could be further improved.

That error you are getting may be because you are not logged into the forum and you just logged in to post that.
I had same issue. Try again but make sure you are logged in.