Common problem I'm noticing

Status
Not open for further replies.

glennemlee95

Reaction score
Guys, don't wait until it's too late to want to make a backup of your sites. Do so BEFORE there's a problem. I create semi-daily backups myself on account that I've had my sites in the past hacked. I've had instances in which I would move one site from one hosting account to another, had hosting account suspensions before (not here, but you get the picture), hackers and all sorts of other misc things just go wrong.

If I didn't have a backup, I'd have been in a serious world of hurt. Make a backup of your site.

Go into your cPanel, hit up the file manager and select all the files in the root directory (public_html) and hit compress. Download the newly created archive to your computer's hard drive somewhere.

Now go into phpmyadmin and select your database, hit up "Export" and download your database to your hard drive.

This is something that should be done regularly. I'm noticing a lot of people seemingly aren't making backups when they should be. Your site's backups aren't anyone's responsibility but your own. Speaking of responsibility, your site's security is your own too. Had to throw that in there on account that I ran into a WordPress site using a version from back 3 years ago that has numerous known exploits that made me facepalm. Also have been receiving referral spam from a security firm that specializes in website security while their own site is infested with malware (double face palm).

pchopefs

Reaction score
It is quite difficult to RESTORE a backup in free hosting. MySQL databases are easy to restore, but restoring a manual backup of the files may/may not work with the cPanel restore feature, and I know of no other way to restore those files. And anyways there's already the automatic R1Soft backups.

pchopefs

Reaction score
Well, if they don't restore, then why in the world does x10 even pay for R1soft? To show off?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
The R1Soft backup feature will automatically back up your files and databases. If something goes wrong, you can then restore your files or a database through the backup software. ;)

pchopefs

Reaction score
The R1Soft backup feature will automatically back up your files and databases. If something goes wrong, you can then restore your files or a database through the backup software. ;)
Read post 3.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
If something goes wrong, you can then restore your files or a database through the backup software
see my link above (post #3) - about this NOT working on my free-hosting server [xo3 ]

glennemlee95

Reaction score
You know I never noticed that in my cPanel? I've been doing my backups manually like I've Always done.

Status
Not open for further replies.