Computer Case Modding/scratch building, and any other practical mod you've done...

gabriel_d792

Reaction score
I've seen a thread here about "Post Your Specs", so I thought of starting this thread, just in case we have people up in here who are into case modding. I'm not sure if there would be anyone posting in this thread, but I just thought I'd start this anyway.

So, let's do this...

First off, I modded my boring internal DVD-rom drive...
777_b64.jpg

and turned it into a see-through external Dvd-drive...
777_b69.jpg

Yes, I know "practicality" of this mod is gonna be questioned... "aesthetics" for me is practical.

...more pics to come.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Re: Computer Case Modding/scratch building, and any other practical mod you've done..

Nice :D Did the Dremel make a good amount of sparks when you applied it to the drive housing?

3dhomejoe

Reaction score
Re: Computer Case Modding/scratch building, and any other practical mod you've done..

you should add some led lights to it so when it has power it is lit up

krofunk

Reaction score

not really a mod but my old matx case met the air brush :D
63079_437013835777_567435777_5693276_8301797_n.jpg

gabriel_d792

Reaction score

Nice :D Did the Dremel make a good amount of sparks when you applied it to the drive housing?

Yeah, it did. But not as much as I'd hoped. Hehehe.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

you should add some led lights to it so when it has power it is lit up

To be honest, I didnt think of that. :cool: That's a great idea.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

not really a mod but my old matx case met the air brush :D
63079_437013835777_567435777_5693276_8301797_n.jpg

It looks great! I wish I could paint like that. My "painting" skills suck bigtime. And yeah, I think that still counts as a mod, since its no longer a "stock" case...

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Here's a ghetto mod... I couldnt afford a fancy speaker stand, so I used these instead. Can you guess what I used? :biggrin:

777_dsc00867.jpg

And this aint exactly a mod, more like a scratch build, built my aunt a net pc... the case was made entirely out of "sintra boards".

777_dsc00044.jpg

ocoykeren73

Reaction score

nice case mod :redface:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

Here's a ghetto mod... I couldnt afford a fancy speaker stand, so I used these instead. Can you guess what I used?

Yes, I have bunch of those and I'm wondering how stable is it?

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score

I modded my speakers and I also stuck some of those chickens you get at easter to the top of my iMac, just cos I'm cool

~Callum

gabriel_d792

Reaction score

nice case mod :redface:

Thanks sir... that's what happens when you lack money, and got a lot of needs. :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Yes, I have bunch of those and I'm wondering how stable is it?

It's pretty stable actually. I noticed, since it rises high enough, people tend to see it easily, and seeing that it's speakers on it, they have a natural tendency of avoiding to hit it. :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

I modded my speakers and I also stuck some of those chickens you get at easter to the top of my iMac, just cos I'm cool

~Callum

Hahaha. Would love to see that. :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

I know it's been done, but I just wanted to share my paint-modded optical mouse. I'm still trying to find the pics of my cardboard computer case....

777_b33.jpg