Resolved Configuring Direct Admin For Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonthecat

Reaction score
Hello,

I am having trouble figuring out how to configure Direct Admin for my domains after the migration. Currently my site is showing:
"Apache is functioning normally"

The "/domains/huntingpa.info" folder appears to be empty so I tried creating public_html in it with a test index file, but that doesn't seem to be loading.

It looks like "/domains/huntingpa.x10host.com/public_html" actually has the contents I want to show for the huntingpa.info domain. When I navigate to "huntingpa.x10host.com" though it redirects me to "huntingpa.info"

Does it sounds like the issue is something I am able to fix from the Direct Admin panel?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't see a redirect, I just get that the domain doesn't exist. You might be seeing a cached version and need to clear your cache.

Check your domains section of DA and make sure it's set up as a domain and not a pointer.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I see that you use cloudflare for that domain, and I also see that you have 5 A records, one for each of the hosting servers. This will be a problem, there's only one of the IPs that will actually be able to serve the content, all others will show apache is working properly message as that is the default when there is no record of the domain on that server.

The correct A record for you is 198.91.81.12, no others will be valid.

That would be what you need to have for your other custom domain as well, I see that utilizes the proxy service so I can't say what it actually holds for A record.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
As for the issue with contents, under cPanel you could point an addon domain to any folder, including the public_html folder which held the main domain, essentially making it behave as a parked domain. If you did this with cPanel, you would likely have ended up with the scenario you have now, with the content under the default domain but not in the added domains own folder.

Under DirectAdmin, any added domain will always have their own path to a separate public_html folder.

simonthecat

Reaction score
Hey Ann,

Ahh, I got confused on the cloud-flare dns setting then. I got that part straightened out.

Ok, that makes sense why the domain folder is blank then for huntingpa. I was able to do a new word press install and got it pointing to my database and that much working ok. It does seem like I'm missing my wp-content folder though. I would have expected it to be at "/domains/huntingpa.x10host.com/public_html/wp-content" but its not there...I'm wondering if maybe it had different permissions and that's why it didn't get pulled in from the backup? Would it be possible to see if its still in the backup or would it just not be there since it wasn't copied back?

Thank you very much for the help!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I was able to find and restore the wp-content folder for you.

Not sure why it wasn't extracted from the backup in the first place, but it was indeed in the backup archive so it should have been restored along with the rest of your files.

Status
Not open for further replies.