Confused about linking a domain name to an x10 website

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisaallen97

Reaction score
I built a website here named jodybyrd.x10.mx. I then bought a domain at Namecheap called factsaboutjodybyrd.org. I want factsaboutjodybyrd.org to show in the browser's address bar so I'm using URL Frame. The problem I'm having is since the site is in a frame, Google doesn't find the keywords and description in the meta tags within the HTML pages. Google sees the frame, not the actual pages. Adding keywords in the URL Frame Meta Tags area on Namecheap isn't working, they're not showing in the page source.

So, after reading x10's help topics, forum questions and other websites, I'm confused. Can I just do the following?
1. Go to Namecheap and remove URL Frame.
2. Change the Nameserver Registration to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com.
3. Go to my x10 Cpanel and add factsaboutjodybyrd.org as a parked domain.
Will this successfully point my domain to my website and show factsaboutjodybyrd.org in the address bar instead of jodybyrd.x10.mx?

Also, on the Namecheap site, it says "Once you have your nameservers registered, please do not forget to create the corresponding A records for them in your domain name zone file. This can be done in DNS or Zone Management menu of your hosting control panel. You might need to contact your hosting company for assistance with setting up the records." Is this relevant to me?

Thanks very much for any help you can provide -
Lisa

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, please refer to the following to add the domain to your account after you have changed the name servers.

https://x10hosting.com/wiki/How_to_Use_Your_Own_Domain

For name cheap you do not need the A record, you just need to update the name servers. Yes if you add the domain as a parked domain then it will show up when it is entered on the bar.

Also, please note you are only allowed one x10hosting account as per the terms.

1. Server Usage
Personal accounts are to be used by the primary owner only. Personal account holders are not permitted to resell, store or give away web-hosting services of their website to other parties. Web hosting services are defined as allowing a separate, third party to host content on the owner's web site. Exceptions to this include ad banners, classified ads, and personal ads. x10Hosting reserves the right to refuse service and/or access to its servers to anyone. Each individual is allowed one account only. x10Hosting does not allow any of the following content to be stored on its servers.

lisaallen97

Reaction score
Thanks for your help, Derek, I read that page and came away from it thinking it couldn't be that easy, so I just wanted to clarify. :)

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
@lisaallen97 just to confirm, you don't want to "Register" Nameservers --that's something different entirely. You just want to set nameservers.

lisaallen97

Reaction score
Hello, please refer to the following to add the domain to your account after you have changed the name servers.

https://x10hosting.com/wiki/How_to_Use_Your_Own_Domain

For name cheap you do not need the A record, you just need to update the name servers. Yes if you add the domain as a parked domain then it will show up when it is entered on the bar.

Also, please note you are only allowed one x10hosting account as per the terms.

1. Server Usage
Personal accounts are to be used by the primary owner only. Personal account holders are not permitted to resell, store or give away web-hosting services of their website to other parties. Web hosting services are defined as allowing a separate, third party to host content on the owner's web site. Exceptions to this include ad banners, classified ads, and personal ads. x10Hosting reserves the right to refuse service and/or access to its servers to anyone. Each individual is allowed one account only. x10Hosting does not allow any of the following content to be stored on its servers.

Sorry, I didn't clarify that about myself. I actually don't own the jodybyrd account, Jody owns that. I was just helping him set it up since he doesn't have any web experience and I was already familiar with x10 for my own personal website and have been really happy with you guys. Hopefully, I'm not in violation by setting all this up for him. If so, please let me know and I'll delete my personal account.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't clarify that about myself. I actually don't own the jodybyrd account, Jody owns that. I was just helping him set it up since he doesn't have any web experience and I was already familiar with x10 for my own personal website and have been really happy with you guys. Hopefully, I'm not in violation by setting all this up for him. If so, please let me know and I'll delete my personal account.

As long as the accounts are owned by different people it is fine, no need to delete your account.

lisaallen97

Reaction score
@lisaallen97 just to confirm, you don't want to "Register" Nameservers --that's something different entirely. You just want to set nameservers.

Thanks a bunch, fortunately the Namecheap site kinda dummy-proofed that for me, so hopefully I have it all set up correctly now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.