Connecting an already excising domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptille

Reaction score
i have a .tk domain that i got from dot.tk, when i try to connect the domain i get "Unable to add the domain name − Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver."

how can i set mine up if anyone has used dot.tk it would be a great help if some one could explain how to set it up thank you

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You would need to configure the domain to use our nameservers, there should be an option for that in the controls for the domain at dot.tk, doing so should resolve the above issue.

Our nameservers are: ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com

reptille

Reaction score
i tried that and yet i still get the same error msg "Unable to add the domain name − Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver."

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
What is the exact domain? That message does only come up if the nameservers are not properly set usually. Note that you can not have any other nameservers entered in the config, you should only having ours.

Also keep in mind that the update might not propagate immediately, a small delay is common, in worst case up to 48 hours (though that is rare, couple hours delay tops is more common).

reptille

Reaction score
i took a Screenshot of the nameservers

Attachments

• NameServers.png
    NameServers.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.