Connecting Domain to x10 hosting account

Status
Not open for further replies.

seattle6

Reaction score
Hello, I have a domain through NAMECHEAP.COM. I attached the x10 nameservers to it in their control panel, but I'm still getting the below error when I try to visit the site (paradiseridgecreative.com).

I've followed the x10 tutorial and done everything there and still get this error. I've tried flushing the dns and cache and no fix.

I noticed something in the x10 tutorial about PARKED DOMAINS but I don't see anywhere in the cpanel to select this. Do I need to? If so, exactly where do I find that otion?

Is there anything else I can try?
Thank you for any help you can give me.

This site can’t be reached
paradiseridgecreative.com’s server IP address could not be found.

• Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
when i check your website link i see this message.
Welcome to the home of paradiseridgecreative.com To change this page, upload your website into the public_html directory

note: using internet explorer might not work properly.
you should use Edge, firefox or other browser.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There is something funky with DNS making propagation slow and/or flaky in some cases, higherups knows and was last I heard looking into it, I haven't had confirmation that he solved it yet though.

ou7l4w1

Reaction score
It hasn't been solved yet @Anna because I am getting the same thing. Only replied to this thread to keep updated...

There is something funky with DNS making propagation slow and/or flaky in some cases, higherups knows and was last I heard looking into it, I haven't had confirmation that he solved it yet though.

ou7l4w1

Reaction score
@Anna . I think either I fixed my issue by editing the DNS records and removing the dots at the end of the my host name and ip where its directed to.... My domain looked like this alittlehvac.x10.bz. and I removed the dot at the end of them and its seems to be working. Same thing with the ns1.x10hosting.com. when I removed the dot at the end... That or staff has found the issue because Im up and running after that.

ou7l4w1

Reaction score
I now think I am IP banned again... DirectAdmin has asked me to login in several times and I have to go all the way back to the sso/main to do so. Now I cant access anything.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I now think I am IP banned again... DirectAdmin has asked me to login in several times and I have to go all the way back to the sso/main to do so. Now I cant access anything.
that may be because you removed that "." at the end of your domain name.
it is required for DNS to work properly.

seattle6

Reaction score
Thanks for all your ideas - do have the website (a wordpress site) in the public_html folder. I'm not sure how else to get things working...?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for all your ideas - do have the website (a wordpress site) in the public_html folder. I'm not sure how else to get things working...?
Have you at some point been removing folders in your account? I'm asking because I see you are missing some that should be there and that could be a reason for your issues.

To solve this we may need to re-apply the backup from the migrations so any changes you made since the transfer and that you would like to keep I suggest you make a backup for yourself as re-applying would wipe what is already there.

seattle6

Reaction score
Have you at some point been removing folders in your account? I'm asking because I see you are missing some that should be there and that could be a reason for your issues.

To solve this we may need to re-apply the backup from the migrations so any changes you made since the transfer and that you would like to keep I suggest you make a backup for yourself as re-applying would wipe what is already there.
Yes, I tried replacing everything but wasn't successful. If you could restore me to a few months ago that would be fantastic!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't think we have backups that old, the backups are cycled to save space, and currently there may only be the option of pre-migration backups. Are you suggesting you removed folders as long as few months ago?

seattle6

Reaction score
Don't think we have backups that old, the backups are cycled to save space, and currently there may only be the option of pre-migration backups. Are you suggesting you removed folders as long as few months ago?
No, I removed them in the last few days

Status
Not open for further replies.