Connecting Dreamweaver or FTP Client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Lua

Reaction score
Hello community,

It seems that the FTP options for x10 hosting do not work. I've tried downloading the two versions available for Windows, tried manually programming them, even the configuration files were downloaded, no connect.

I also decided to try it in Dreamweaver, since it kind of is an FTP client (not really, but oh well). No success.

Could someone please explain what is going wrong, or is this FTP option only available for those who pay? If someone also figures it out, can I also have how to connect it with Dreamweaver?

Many thanks!

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
It seems that the FTP options for x10 hosting do not work. I've tried downloading the two versions available for Windows, tried manually programming them, even the configuration files were downloaded, no connect....Could someone please explain what is going wrong, or is this FTP option only available for those who pay? If someone also figures it out, can I also have how to connect it with Dreamweaver?

FTP is available to all uses of x10hosting

The FTP details you need for FileZilla or other FTP client...
Host: (your account's primary (main) domain) or (your server's IP)

Port: 21

Protocl: FTP - File Transfer Protocol

Encryption: Use plain FTP

Logon Type: Normal

User: (your cPanel user name)

Password: (your cPanel password)
###

To connect from Dreamweaver - see --> [ http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/connect-remote-server.html ]
###

CAUTION: Your IP can be blocked by x10hosting's firewall - by too many "Failed" FTP logins in a short period

Last edited:

Al Lua

Reaction score
It seems nothing is working...

Oh well; I guess I'll just make the files and manually upload from there.

Thanks for your help, though!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
What errors, if any, do you get when you are connecting?
Could you also please let us know what credentials you use, without the password of course

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
IMNSHO, something might be incorrect or misplaced/misspelled with the login credentials. I tried FTP just now to my site, and it connected first try. Check carefully, character by tedious character. If you are like me, I read what should be there, instead of what really is there.
Give Anna the information asked for; it will be straightened out in no time.

Al Lua

Reaction score
What errors, if any, do you get when you are connecting?
Could you also please let us know what credentials you use, without the password of course
Here is what I'm exactly doing:

1. I launch Dreamweaver.
  2. I click Dreamweaver site.
  3. I put "Jackberry" as the site name.
  4. I put a folder location for the local site folder.
  5. I click servers.
  6. I click the plus symbol.
  7. I put "Jackberry" as the server name.
  8. I'm connecting as FTP.
  9. I enter in the FTP address with ftp.jackberry.x10.mx
  10. I put port 21.
  11. Username, I've used jackberr.x10.mx
  12. Password, I used the same password to login to x10hosting, which I'm assuming is also CPanel login password.
  13. I click test.
  14. It says it cannot connect to FTP host.
  15. I change server to ftp.jackberry.tk
  16. Same error.
  17. I change server to just jackberry.tk
  18. Same error.
  19. I change to jackberry.x10.mx
  20. Same error.
Can someone just tell me what to put for each field? It would be really nice instead of saying, "Oh, here fill this blank in with this credential of yours" since I'm not a web hosting or server guy; only a coder.

If you need some information, my website domain is jackberry.tk and the x10 one is jackberry.x10.mx.

Thanks for any help.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Your domain is not your username, jackberr is the username you should be using.

Also, try the domain without ftp as host.

Al Lua

Reaction score
Your domain is not your username, jackberr is the username you should be using.

Also, try the domain without ftp as host.

I've used the domain as jackberry.tk and jackberry.x10.mx

The username, I've used jackberr.

Password, my x10 password.

Not working??

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
could you paste the full error message from dreamweaver? In your previous post you mentioned you had set jackberry.x10.mx as username, which is why I pointed out which username you should use.

Al Lua

Reaction score
could you paste the full error message from dreamweaver? In your previous post you mentioned you had set jackberry.x10.mx as username, which is why I pointed out which username you should use.

Here is what it says when I click test:

error.JPG

This is what I've entered:

setup.JPG

The password I used is my x10 login password, which I think is also the CPanel login password? Would it be a different password?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
That should indeed be the correct password for cPanel, they are meant to be the same. Given that the settings look right, so all I can think of is that the passwords somehow is mismatched, which should be sorted if you try updaing the password from the portal (I think you can set the same if you like).
Optionally you could test that out by creating an ftp account in the portal and using that for access (do note that in that case the username would be in the forum user@jackberry.x10.mx).

Al Lua

Reaction score
That should indeed be the correct password for cPanel, they are meant to be the same. Given that the settings look right, so all I can think of is that the passwords somehow is mismatched, which should be sorted if you try updaing the password from the portal (I think you can set the same if you like).
Optionally you could test that out by creating an ftp account in the portal and using that for access (do note that in that case the username would be in the forum user@jackberry.x10.mx).

Okay, I'll try making a new FTP account and trying there. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.