Connecting To the database

raven_cloudwind18

Reaction score
geez how do i connect to the data base?
what is the
hosting name
the database name and
my user name

where do i get these information i need to connect to my database thanks :)

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
The host name is 'localhost', and the database name and database username is prefixed with your cPanel username and then an underscore. For example, deadi_user. The password is the password you set when you created your MySQL user.

raven_cloudwind18

Reaction score
well thank you guys, and oh i have those but how about the database user? you know if it was in your own server it would be root.. what should i put in there?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
In the MySQL Database Wizard, on Step 2, it asks you to provide a MySQL Username and Password. Your username would be your cPanel name, underscore, and then your MySQL username (not 'root'). Your password would be the password you entered in Step 2.

Here is an example username, where my cPanel username is 'Deadi' and my MySQL username is 'user':
deadi_user

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
While not recommended for security reasons, if you know what you are doing you can use your cPanel username and password. You do not have to create a new user.

comunidaduser31

Reaction score
database name- you create it in cpanel
database user - you crate it in cpanel
database password - you create it and always can change it at c panel
database localhost - at x10HOSTING? THE FREE ACCOUNT the database is localhost

Very simple

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
What more information would you like, patomoreno64? Above several members have highlighted the precise instructions to create a MySQL Database. What is your question?

Just to let you know, you can manage MySQL databases by logging into cPanel and clicking phpMyAdmin.