Considering paid hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian0

Reaction score
I have two main questions. The first is, is the paid hosting on separate servers from the free hosting? As in can I expect those servers to receive higher priority support? Second, can anyone confirm if Asp.net is working on the paid hosting? I know right now it is not on most of the free servers, and was wondering if it was fixed on the paid servers.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, paid hosting has priority support through a completely different support system.

Paid are on different servers, and comes with an uptime guarantee.

Asp.NET is supported through the mono project, far as I know it should be working fine on paid, I have however asked an administrator to confirm that.

Reason it is currently unavailable on free hosting is it has not been re-installed after the upgrades yet.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, mono is installed on paid servers, and is running as expected.

Just remember that mono does not support all asp.net code, and currently have best support for asp.net up to version 2.

brian0

Reaction score
Yes, I am aware of that limitation. I have been developing in c# against mono for a couple of years now, so developing against mod_mono isn't much of a change for me. The asp.net learning curve is a different story, but not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.