Copywriting Tips #1

arkad

Reaction score
Let's be honest:
We have TOO MUCH information to process
every second

It is tough to attract readership if what you write bores them.

Worst! IF you have written a wonderful story only to have it left unread due to a lousy headline!!

Let me start by sharing what is a great headline and in further tips, and give you rules of how to write headlines that get your copy read, show you the
different types of headline, what bullets can do for you, and a whole lot more.

Here's your first tip:

The difference between a good headline and a pathetic headline is the difference between Success and Failure in advertising.

That's what a headline is.

The headline is the most important thing and the first thing your prospects see when he or she looks at your advertisement...or website sales copy.

It's an advertisement for your advertisement.

The ONLY purpose of your headline is to get your prospect to continue reading your ad or sales letter. It must get your reader's attention and it must pull them into your ad or article.

Your headline's job is to "hook" your reader into wanting to find out more.

It doesn't matter how good your product or service is, or even how good your advertising copy is...if your headline is lame, your ad or sales letter just won't get read.

Some Good Sample Headlines:

“I Had Never Purchased A Share In My Life. I Opened
A Share Account With $14,000.00 After Attending
The Trading Edge Workshop . . . In Six Months
My Account Is OVER $21,000!”

‘It Can Take Just One Letter . . . One Word . . . Or Just
One Small Change To Double, Triple Or Quadruple
The Response To Your Very Next Advert . . . Or
Marketing Campaign . . . Imagine What That Would
Do To Your Sales And Profits . . . And The Best Part
Is YOU Have Zero Risk Under My 100%
Unconditional Money Back Guarantee!

“Warning Business Owners”
DO NOT leave your premises today until YOU read this . . . because
thieves are waiting, watching, planning their next business victim . . .
and YOU Don’t Want That To Happen To You . . . Do You?

“Makes A Cold Winters Night Feel Like
A HOT Summers Day . . . FAST!”

“Puts Romance In Your Life”​

That's all for now .. use them in your in next newsletter, article, next ad, next whatever!! And prepare for some surprises:)

Domenico

Reaction score
GOOD info, I think the title's off thogh. What does copywriting have todo with the importence of headlines?

"What does the scanner say about his accont?"
"IT'S OVER $9,000!"

Anyone get the refrence? "My Account Is OVER $21,000!"

arkad

Reaction score
Gee wizz . I could not think of where might be better actually .. since my understanding of "tutorials" = "how-to"s .. and I thought this falls into the "how to write better" category :(

Would be glad to have suggestions on where might be a more appropriate thread should I post similar "how-to" stuff ..

kkenny

Reaction score
Pretty useful, the title/headline is misleading ironically.

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Gee wizz . I could not think of where might be better actually .. since my understanding of "tutorials" = "how-to"s .. and I thought this falls into the "how to write better" category :(

Would be glad to have suggestions on where might be a more appropriate thread should I post similar "how-to" stuff ..
It is in the right category being under Tutorials. "Copywriting Tips #1" Doesn't sound like the correct title for this thread is what we are trying to say. By the way, very nice tutorial.

KSclans

Reaction score
Re: Those Childhood Days

It took me so long to read that can you format it better i can't read like that.... but good tips for the headings arkad

Last edited by a moderator:

Repneiras

Reaction score
Thanks for the tutorial, was pretty interesting. Although as already pointed out, the "headline" (topic title) was misleading :tongue:

-Repneiras ;)

Last edited:

rackfenix

Reaction score
sorry KSclans, the post of Yangkee238 is spam, not the headlines.. u.u