core i3 integrated vga

pmaison8331

Reaction score
hello
i want to know if the core i3 integrated graphic can be coupled with motherboard's inetgrated graphics chip since we need a vga port to plug the screen :)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
What motherboard and i3 do you have? It's typically either the Motherboard's Integrated Graphics or a PCI-E slot. Some boards I know have the option between the on-CPU Graphics Adapter, though I haven't seen many of those around. Some motherboards even though it has a VGA/DVI port do not have Integrated Graphics; those are the ones that rely on the CPU having integrated graphics on the die.

wongers

Reaction score
yeah its the new Intel CPUs on socket 1155 (Sandy Bridge) that can provide some pretty top notch onboard graphics when coupled with the right motherboard, ive even heard reports getting some decent resolutions coming out of an onboard HDMI socket. you'd have to do some reading to discover the truth :)

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Eww. Why waste an awesome CPU on integrated graphics?

Use the CPU, and get a graphics card - they're actually pretty cheap.

I have the Core i5 Sandy Bridge LG1155 @ 3.1GHz (haven't clocked it yet) - works amazing, just as the CPU.

wc3garage82

Reaction score
well if you're using i3, and want integrated vga, perhaps a nice integrated vga (like HD or sumthin) which the motherboard featured.
and in fact, if your motherboard can handle i3 cpus (socket compatibility) then go! no problem with that but graphics card should make it better (if you're to gaming or sumthin)