Could not install Joomla Extensions

uplbusc

Reaction score
I am using Joomla 1.5 latest stable version; installed using Fantastico.

I cannot install ANY Joomla extensions and templates.
It always says:
There was an error uploading this file to the server.

Can someone help me regarding this problem?
I did a lot of configurations but still, did not work.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
where are you uploading from? FTP client? or cPanel

what server are you on?

Noodles8

Reaction score
Joomla! 1.5.7 is out of date. 1.5.8 is the newest release.

I dont use Fantastico, so I dont know how much of the install they do. But during the normal install of Joomla, you can choose to "Install via FTP" for installing extensions. If this information is incorrect you can get the error message you're getting. Go into your "global configuration" and under server, turn FTP off. And see if this fixes your error.

shazaani

Reaction score
I already fixed the problem.
Thanks!
Can you please share how you were able to fix this problem because I've just installed Joomla and I am trying to install a few extensions and I am getting the same error.

I have ftp enabled. I don't know maybe I am not typing in the ftp address correctly. Please help...:dunno:

uplbusc

Reaction score
Can you please share how you were able to fix this problem because I've just installed Joomla and I am trying to install a few extensions and I am getting the same error.

I have ftp enabled. I don't know maybe I am not typing in the ftp address correctly. Please help...:dunno:

I just found out that my PHP setting is in basic mode. I requested for an intermediate setting for my PHP. Then that's it, it works.