Couple of questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKamat

Reaction score
How does the ad-enhanced plan compare to the adfree plan ? Because I certainly don't mind my host earning through my site indirectly this way through ads (since I obviously can't pay, else I would have...) :)

Also, in this forum, why am I not getting credits after posting even in "Crossfire" ?

EDIT: Where can I see details of all the free ad/no-ad plans offered here ?

Last edited:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Until you reach 5 posts, you are in a special group that doesn't earn posts, and has limited features. After that, all the regular features kick in. For the comparison of the plans, I think there was some, but I'll try to get a hold of someone who knows them.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Ad enhanced:
1GB space 10GB transfer
or
2.5GB space 45GB transfer..

PKamat

Reaction score
Until you reach 5 posts, you are in a special group that doesn't earn posts, and has limited features. After that, all the regular features kick in. For the comparison of the plans, I think there was some, but I'll try to get a hold of someone who knows them.

Thanks for the info! :)

Ad enhanced:
1GB space 10GB transfer
or
2.5GB space 45GB transfer..

That's nice! But since I'm on adfree-infinity, I don't think these things would matter. Instead, how do the other features (like SQL databases, emails, etc.) compare ?

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
the ad-enhanced plans will not be available anymore, meaning you can not upgrade to that.
Those who already have it can keep the ad-enhanced plan.

PKamat

Reaction score
Okay. But don't the ad-enhanced plans pay out better for you ? Anyway, it's not my place to say... However, I was wondering if you could allow me just a couple extra email addresses in my account if I put up your ad(s) and even linkbacks on every page of my site ?

EDIT: Ummm... still no credits.... What are they for, anyway ?

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
EDIT: Ummm... still no credits.... What are they for, anyway ?
The x10 community rating/credit system explained
The credit system is not functioning at this time because Corey is waiting on a stable version of the credit system plug-in / add-on for the new vBulletin we are using. The users who currently have credits gained those credits before the forum was upgraded. Nobody is gaining credit at the present time.

mattblog

Reaction score
How does the ad-enhanced plan compare to the adfree plan ? Because I certainly don't mind my host earning through my site indirectly this way through ads (since I obviously can't pay, else I would have...) :)

Also, in this forum, why am I not getting credits after posting even in "Crossfire" ?

EDIT: Where can I see details of all the free ad/no-ad plans offered here ?

There are new plans where you do not have to have ads but the amount of storage and amount of bandwidth is undefined, meaning its not stopped or capped at anything. If you only have one website this may be the best choice for you, better than both of those plans. If you need more than 1 website you should go with the original and default one. I also suggest not to go with ads because it can mess up your layout, but it is up to you. You can view the new post about the new offer here

abous the points and credits,

The x10 community rating/credit system explained
The credit system is not functioning at this time because Corey is waiting on a stable version of the credit system plug-in / add-on for the new vBulletin we are using. The users who currently have credits gained those credits before the forum was upgraded. Nobody is gaining credit at the present time.

which carl said above is correct. This site is going through a lot of changes and will be better and newer soon =)

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There are new plans where you do not have to have ads but the amount of storage and amount of bandwidth is undefined, meaning its not stopped or capped at anything. If you only have one website this may be the best choice for you, better than both of those plans. If you need more than 1 website you should go with the original and default one. I also suggest not to go with ads because it can mess up your layout, but it is up to you. You can view the new post about the new offer here

Note that all new accounts (created after June 1st) will get the new plan, with no option to switch to the old plan.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Looks like all answers are cleared.

***Thread Closed***

Status
Not open for further replies.