cpanel accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragoboi

Reaction score
just out of curiousity is there a way to get a second cpanel account and make it point to the same public_html folder because im running a gallery and i have two coders and i have one account but need another is this pssoble?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
There is only one cPanel to a hosting account. Only one login to an account.

dragoboi

Reaction score
so its not possible to make a account besides a ftp because with paid hsters its possible but if not i wont complain cause the free service is great

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
In order to comply with the TOS, a second login to the cPanel is not possible. From the TOS:

1. Server Usage

Personal accounts are to be used by the primary owner only. Personal account holders are not permitted to resell, store or give away web-hosting services of their website to other parties. Web hosting services are defined as allowing a separate, third party to host content on the owner's web site. Exceptions to this include ad banners, classified ads, and personal ads. x10Hosting reserves the right to refuse service and/or access to its servers to anyone. Each individual is allowed ONE account only. x10Hosting does not allow any of the following content to be stored on its servers.

Please be careful when giving out login information, because x10hosting advises not to do that.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
so its not possible to make a account besides a ftp because with paid hsters its possible but if not i wont complain cause the free service is great

Even under paid hosting we would not be able to setup a second cPanel account that points to the same folders and content as yours. That's just the way cPanel works, each login is its own separate account.

You're only option is to give out ftp access. Just remember that you, as account holder, would be responsible for what anyone you give access uploads to the account.

Status
Not open for further replies.