cPanel backup option

Status
Not open for further replies.

pabella

Reaction score
For a while, during the migration & update of stoli server, a backup utility was available on the cPanel.
That option is now not available.
Is it possible to activate again the backup option in cPanel??
Is ther some way to backup/restore the whiole site/database?

I whould appreciate any help to do a full backup/restore of my DB.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
You can also try going the manual way.

To backup your files, go to cPanel --> File Manager. Select the entire public_html and compress it (in the toolbar). Then download the compressed zip (or tar.gz) file.

For databases, go to cPanel --> phpMyAdmin. Choose the database you want to backup. Then browse to the Export tab. Choose Save as File (At the bottom) and click Go.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

As we have not received any replies i am marking this ticket as resolved. If you have any further issues please re-open this ticket or create a new one.

pabella

Reaction score
Thanks for your support, but I still having problems when I try to restore a table in my database.
If I use the Import feature of phpMyAdmin, it gives me an error: The spanish message is "No se recibieron datos para importar. O no se envió el nombre del archivo, o el tamaño del archivo excedió el máximo permitido por su configuración PHP. Por favor, lea el FAQ 1.16." and it is saying that it was impossible to upload the imported file.
Since the file is only 2KB and inserts 20 records to the table, I think there should exist some privilege problem in my account.
By the way, the procedure I have use to test is th export the content of a table, empty that table and after that import the received .sql file. (that third step failed, but worked fine on my local test development server)
Waiting for some help...
P. Abella

pabella

Reaction score
Sorry for the inconvenience...

I found the problem. It was on the Gzip compressor: The file I was trying to upload was corrupted.

Thanks to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.