cpanel help

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatecr2

Prime Account
Reaction score
How or where can I access apache acess logs or CPU server processes, is this possible on my hosting account?
Can anyone please explain the CPU graph to me (below/attached), is there a CPANEL real-time CPU monitoring log because this one sucks, or is that upgraded with a premium account? I have assumed that the blue line is the combined shared hosting server total CPU usage and the green line is my usage, or am I incorrect?
And I would like to further know why my account was (previously, not now) temporarily suspended for "high" CPU usage a few days ago and then resolved? And what can I do to prevent this from happening in the near-far future. I have optimized my mysql databases and that's about it.

-Thanks for all the support.

Attachments

• lvechart.cgi.png
    lvechart.cgi.png
    403.1 KB · Views: 11

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
No. The blue is your transient peak usage (which can easily hit 100% of a core instantaneously if you're doing anything at all server-side, and can almost be disregarded for that reason unless it stays near 100%), and the green is your "smoothed" usage. In this case, you were hitting 100% of a core pretty consistently over 20-minute period, even if you didn't sustain anything like 100% for very long.

You're allowed 300 core-seconds per hour max (the equivalent of 100% of 1 CPU core for 5 minutes), after which your account will have a temporary stop attached. (You don't need to worry directly about exceeding the number of cores (1) allowed or exceeding the memory, process execution time or process count limits; you can't use more than is provided, and trying to will just result in errors.) A heavy-duty maintenance task can consume that much CPU time, as can any site that does significant server-side processing and has a significant number of visitors. If it's something that's only happened once and was more-or-less coincidental with a maintenance task, I wouldn't worry about it (other than to chunk future maintenance so that you can spread the damage out over a longer period of time, as it were). If it's coming from normal site use, then you either have to consider transitioning as much of the page rendering as possible to static/cacheable assets or think about moving to paid hosting (where the limits are significantly higher).

skatecr2

Prime Account
Reaction score
"you were hitting 100% of a core pretty consistently over 20-minute period"
I forgot to mention that this "graph" is the CPU usage within 30 days if that helps any, it seems to be going up and down frequently but why?
I have ~ 10-20 visits/day. Am using WP with minimal (8 or so) addons/widgets. And personally don't often use heavy-duty maintenance tasks.
x10 support stated that it was a wp-admin/ajax.php which was causing the issue of accessing the MySQL database multiple times.

There were no MySql errors reported after checking the database, optimized, and ran CPANEL CloudFare. Tried WP-Caching but couldn't tell a difference in the reduction of CPU usage. Decreased the size of my background from 4mb to 300kb (could of been the issue). Could the high CPU/MySql usage be due to editing WP page content too frequently or editing/uploading new Photoshopped images through Tim Thumb (Tim Thumb vulnerability)?

-Thanks everyone for the help.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi skatecr2,

Our prime hosting service does offer slightly higher CPU limits. :)

Thank you,

skatecr2

Prime Account
Reaction score
Thank you but,
I need more details please.. what's the exact RAM/CPU increase? How does it compare to free hosting and premium hosting RAM/CPU?

-Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.