Status
Not open for further replies.

ponypony

Reaction score
Same things happening with me, glad to hear I am not the only one. =/

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
This issue is cannot solved by any user instead staff. You have to wait because as we all know staff is doing maintenance on servers. And they are very busy now

stbenets

Reaction score
Sorry support, but I raised a ticket before the first post was made - please don't ban me.

I'm also entering my correct cPanel username and password and am unable to access http://stoli.x10hosting.com:2082 .

Meanwhile I've submitted a cPanel password request which is currently "pending".

Thanks for all the work you guys are doing in order to improve things for us.

IMPORTANT UPDATE

After changing my cPanel Password via http://x10hosting.com/panel.php and waiting a couple of hours until the status changed from "pending", I managed to get back into cPanel. Hope it works for you as well.

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
I'd just sit tight & wait if I was you.

The same problem is happening for lots of us, & will almost certainly have resolved itself by the time the server upgrade is complete.

tregtar

Reaction score
I'd just sit tight & wait if I was you.

The same problem is happening for lots of us, & will almost certainly have resolved itself by the time the server upgrade is complete.

Is there any eta on Server upgrade compeltion? I have not been able to get on the cPanel or my site all day.

Thanks.

smhaziq

Reaction score
i also getting this problem since yesterday,
today i open a ticket and get this reply:

Hello,
You can reset your password via the account panel at http://x10hosting.com/login.php

I had try it before opening the ticket but didn't work out,
but after i receive the reply, i try it once again,
and it works for me, but the cpanel load too slow.

anyone have problem parking domain?
i keep getting this error:

Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: 202.190.85.230,202.190.85.228 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

zen-r

Reaction score
The more you try to work on your accounts/ websites while service is slow, intermittent & unpredictable, the worse you are likely to make your installation.

I'm afraid all I know about what's going on is from the News updates & other forum posts, the same as you.

My cPanel on Stoli does still load, but at the time of posting is very slow. This could be down to the announced server stress testing or some other issue.

But as I said, I'd just sit tight & wait if I was you. If things don't resolve themselves then a Support ticket might be called for - but try to wait & avoid it because there just aren't enough staff to answer all the tickets going in from members with similar issues.

And no, there isn't an ETA on upgrade completion. It should have completed by now, but clearly they are still tweaking things. :)

Last edited:

nchgaming

Reaction score
Does anyone have a timeframe on what's going on? or should I really consider moving?

zen-r

Reaction score
Does anyone have a timeframe on what's going on? or should I really consider moving?

No timeframes other than what we've read in the News section.

Transfers should be complete, maybe some "tweaks" are left, & some server stress testing.

So any other problems need self-fixing or reporting to Support if necessary.

Last edited:

nchgaming

Reaction score
If you want to get ignored REALLY quick! post something about your mail program not working. OR spend hours searching the forums and get nothing too. What up people?

I'm ANGRY! I feel IGNORED! I have a problem I DID NOT CREATE and ????? I ask what's happening...I get "create a ticket", "don't create a ticket, they're aware", " if nothing changed or files are missing, create a ticket", "if it has to do with mail don't create a ticket or you will get blocked from support", "before asking, search the forums", "everybody's busy working on it, leave them alone", "just wait and it will get better"

Here's the question must users in this boat are asking themselves.... do I give up here and find another host... or do I PAY to upgrade and get a "paid version of this"?

It amazes me that everyone is soooo quick to assure everyone else that this ONLY happens on the free servers.

I've been here for a few months. I know many have YEARS (God bless them) my site has been a YoYo and so has my impression of service. I'm 43, have several years of bussiness management, and get such an incomplete picture of what's going on here I AM BEING FORCED TO LOOK ELSEWHERE because REALIABLITY IS EXTREMEMLY IMPORTANT.

YES..... I"m ANGRY AGAIN!!!!

EDIT: Please MOVE my account to a more reliable server. Please move my account to a STABLE SERVER. Please move my account to a server that ALREADY WORKS... please...... and once it does work.. PLEASE DON"T MOVE IT AGAIN! PLEASE!

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
If you want to get ignored REALLY quick! post something about your mail program not working. OR spend hours searching the forums and get nothing too. What up people?

I'm ANGRY! I feel IGNORED! I have a problem I DID NOT CREATE and ????? I ask what's happening...I get "create a ticket", "don't create a ticket, they're aware", " if nothing changed or files are missing, create a ticket", "if it has to do with mail don't create a ticket or you will get blocked from support", "before asking, search the forums", "everybody's busy working on it, leave them alone", "just wait and it will get better"

Here's the question must users in this boat are asking themselves.... do I give up here and find another host... or do I PAY to upgrade and get a "paid version of this"?

It amazes me that everyone is soooo quick to assure everyone else that this ONLY happens on the free servers.

I've been here for a few months. I know many have YEARS (God bless them) my site has been a YoYo and so has my impression of service. I'm 43, have several years of bussiness management, and get such an incomplete picture of what's going on here I AM BEING FORCED TO LOOK ELSEWHERE because REALIABLITY IS EXTREMEMLY IMPORTANT.

EDIT: Please MOVE my account to a more reliable server. Please move my account to a STABLE SERVER. Please move my account to a server that ALREADY WORKS... please...... and once it does work.. PLEASE DON"T MOVE IT AGAIN! PLEASE!

The whole purpose of the server transfers was to try & improve reliability once & for all.

I get the impression that the process hasn't gone as smoothly as expected for Corey - but isn't that nearly always the way with most jobs one undertakes in life, they often take longer than planned. Staff are overwhelmed - the only option we have is to give them more time to bring things back in order.

I shouldn't hold it against X10 too much if I was you. This is a free service. I understand your impatience, but if as you say "REALIABLITY IS EXTREMEMLY IMPORTANT", then surely it's important enough to pay for. :)

nchgaming

Reaction score
My final say on this topic.

Why is the final answer always "if you're willing to pay for it"

No! with this track record I AM NOT!

zen-r

Reaction score
Goodbye!
bye.gif

Elesarr

Reaction score

:pat:

***Warning! Incoming word wall...***

I speak to you now from personal experience not as a staff member who is "in the know", or someone who is not sharing things, etc. etc.

I have been with x10 since Oct '08 and the service was good and especially all that you get for free, along with a no-ads option as well - I am still amazed at how Corey and the staff do it, honestly.

During my stay here, there were many, many abusers on the servers that used scripts which overloaded the services and made certain servers very unreliable, the first step they took was getting rid of the abusing accounts then they began upgrading the servers by moving things to a new data center. The new data center started out well, however some issues became apparent with cPanel and some other things.

At this point many people did start to feel frustrated (myself included) because we were used to the good uptime prior to the changes. So even though frustrated, I let my account sit while they did what they needed to do I had no reason to doubt them now.

During this time of upgrading and server moves, I did not want to be idle as I had a major rewrite of my forum planned. So I began looking around for a "free" service similar to x10 so I could do my code rewrites and not feel like I was falling too far behind to get caught up.

I kid-you-not I have tried 4 different solutions in less than a month all offering similar service that Corey does, none of them have been stable in any sense of the word, one host has their free servers constantly under DDoS atacks which you do not find out unless you dig deep into their forums, and their only response is: we know get paid. So one never knowsw if the server is being shutdown by their datacenter and when it will be back up; you cannot do any sort of editing and FTP work at a decent pace because the constant uploading during editing is interpreted as some kind of attack on the site, yet they will log you out of FTP after 3 mins of inactivity (bit of a catch 22, eh..) They make no real effort to "support" their free hosting accounts whatsoever.

I could go on but I think you get the picture.

The support, upgrades, and attention to their free hosting customers (despite the fact we do not receive priority support) is not matched anywhere - and no I am not being a fan-boy. As I stated earlier, I was upset with the sudden lack of performance during the changes.

Let me ask you something, how do you expect improvements to occur without downtime? Do you as a person with much business management experience expect Corey and the staff to find some magical way to let us all keep hosting with no downtime on our sites, cPanel, or FTP and fix the issues at the same time? I think not. There will be downtime, its annoying, it will pass and we will all be happier.

I used to work for 2 major tech companies in this day and age (Xerox and Microsoft) and believe it or not when stuff broke and people complained about not being able to get to their sites or their data or whatever they felt they needed to get to, the issues got fixed as fast as they could be fixed - grumping and yelling and getting angry doesn't make it go faster; in point of fact, those things tend to have a negative impact on such repairs.

I for one am very happy that x10 exists and that Corey is able to offer free hosting accounts for all of us, as well as now offering free packages to small business customers - I dare you to find any company anywhere that matches the service offered by these great folks here.
Take a breath. Be Patient. This too will pass - even though it may not seem like it will.
I tell myself that everyday on a variety of things - its good advice.

I realized I just wrote a novellete, so I will close in saying that if you have a site that has to be up all the time then free hosting is not the way to go - you're gonna have to pay to not be, in your words "...ANGRY AGAIN!"

I hope you take my post in the spirit it was meant. :cool:

My apologies to the forum for being overly verbose...:happysad:

Have a good day!

PS

btw, nchgaming, al the stuff I spoke of relating to what Corey and the staff have done to improve our services is all documented here in the forums if you take the time to read them. ;)

zen-r

Reaction score
Nicely put, Elesarr!

That's my attitude. The old saying comes to mind, "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem".

Or when applied to this situation: instead of ranting & raving, why not actually try to help out others, take the work load off Support staff, & give them a chance to fix things. And at the same time, it will make this forum a nice, friendly, helpful place to be in.

Unfortunately, this isn't the only thread where nchgaming has been losing his patience today;

http://forums.x10hosting.com/programming-help/98526-sending-mail-disabled.html#post549756 etc! ;)

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.​

Last edited:

Elesarr

Reaction score
Nicely put, Elesarr!

That's my attitude. The old saying comes to mind, "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem".

Or when applied to this situation: instead of ranting & raving, why not actually try to help out others, take the work load off Support staff, & give them a chance to fix things. And at the same time, it will make this forum a nice, friendly, helpful place to be in.

Unfortunately, this isn't the only thread where nchgaming has been losing his patience today;

http://forums.x10hosting.com/programming-help/98526-sending-mail-disabled.html#post549756 etc! ;)

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.​

Thanks zen-r - I was afraid I hit the "too many words" unspoken quota....we all know how word walls are "feared"...lol... :metallicb

zen-r

Reaction score
Thanks zen-r - I was afraid I hit the "too many words" unspoken quota....we all know how word walls are "feared"...lol... :metallicb

Pah!! You call that a word wall? That's a mere blip.

I rattle off word walls almost daily (& I bet no-one can be bothered to read them, either ;) ) ;

http://forums.x10hosting.com/off-topic/98105-should-we-target-geocities-users.html#post546110

http://forums.x10hosting.com/off-to...ble-post-announcements-thread.html#post548067

http://forums.x10hosting.com/off-topic/98150-can-you-believe-3.html#post549488 .........etc

(well, it is good to get things off one's chest, isn't it?!!)

razorpro

Reaction score
I was able to login to my cPanel after getting an unsuspension request through the Account Panel (due to forum posting reasons)... But now I can't see any files in my File Manager and can't install through Fantastico.. I get "ERROR! Your base directory must have write permissions for user to proceed" Anyone else getting this?

Status
Not open for further replies.