CPanel not there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolf99

Reaction score
Clicking on the "login to CPanel" button in the X10 hosting account panel gives error

The webpage at https://starka.x10hosting.com:2083/login/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

in Chrome on XP....... will try access with FTP now, if I can remember the details correctly :)

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
As suggested by the message you received that was very likely a temporary issue.
Are you still having difficulties?
Regarding FTP you may find This Article helpful.

wolf99

Reaction score
HI

I am still having this problem...
however I tried it this morning from a pc on a differnet network and it worked, do am thinking maybe a firewall on this one, however, normally the firewall here announces itself when it blocks something...
will try a proxy and let you know.
Also I note several other posters since with this same problem...
thanks for the reply though :)

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Ok so I tried a web proxy and the lnik to the CPanel loaded, though the panel itself did not load, If that is not part of the problem its probably due to the proxy setup.

So that would indicate a firewalling problem at my end....this is not good, as this is now my main point of internet access....will try a few things from my end, but it may help if maybe somebody could suggest exactly why a firewall might block this type of connection?

thanks

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Also if somebody could tell me the ftp settings I need to establish FTP connection I can see if that works for me, which I prob use more than Cpanel anyhoo.

Need the format of the Host address, usernam and port number

Ta again

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Port: 21 (usually doesn't need to be specified since it is the default for ftp)
Host: your main domain OR starka.x10hosting.com (your servers address)
username: your cPanel username
Password: your cPanel password

wolf99

Reaction score
OK thanks anna, this didnt work eaither:
FTP output:
Command: PASS *****
Response: 530 Login authentication failed
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server

Probably the damn firewall again.... though I was able to logon with FTP to another hosting provider (they not using cpanel) maybe I just did something wrong with dredentials, can check them later at home again.

thanks again

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
After too many failed login attempts the firewall would block your IP, although I don't really think that is the case here, as access would be blocked before you get to the login part if it was the firewall.

Could you try resetting the password through the account panel? It is not unheard of passwords getting corrupted on the server, we had a few of those after the last migrations.

Status
Not open for further replies.