cPanel not working on Boru

Status
Not open for further replies.

belltown

Reaction score
When trying to access the Boru cPanel from the x10Hosting Portal, I only get a few lines of information (Main Domain, Home Directory and Last Login From), then it hangs without displaying the rest of the info.

ellescuba27

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. FTP also says it is a Read Only file system... nothing on the status website.

tmfksoft

Reaction score
I think the staff know.
It's best to sit back and chill why the staff address the problem, they will most likely post on the forum when they have fixed the issue.

Thanks,
Thomas Edwards

belltown

Reaction score
It seems to be working for me too now.
I spoke too soon. Boru is down again, but I see that they are doing "some maintenance on Boru as part of a larger upgrade". Hopefully, the issues are related and the server will be back soon. I was actually beginning to hope that things had started to settle down with X10 finally, as I hadn't noticed any problems over the last couple of months.

ellescuba27

Reaction score
@belltown two completley different issues I'm assuming, since there was some time where it worked.
I wish I knew when it was over. Was going to tell friends about my site tommorow... what inconvienent timing!

belltown

Reaction score
@belltown two completley different issues I'm assuming, since there was some time where it worked.
I wish I knew when it was over. Was going to tell friends about my site tommorow... what inconvienent timing!
It looks like they're still working on it. I'm now able to get into cPanel and upload files using FTP, but it looks like they've changed the PHP configuration and now some of my code is no longer working. Specifically, I'm using cURL to retrieve data from other web sites. curl_setopt no longer works when I specify CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION. open_basedir is now set in php.ini, which prevents CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION from working. I'm able to code around it by accessing the HTTP headers and manually following redirects. I'm not sure if this is a permanent change, in which case potentially other web sites may have problems, or if it's just a temporary change that will be reset when they're done with the upgrades.

mlinton_ford40

Reaction score
Hi,

my site, email, and cpanel are unavailable (Error 101 in chrome) since Monday morning.
I can't see an eta for completion, so does anyone know how long this usually takes?

Thanks

m

ellescuba27

Reaction score
I get Unable to connect to server

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

You know what's funny? I still am Unable to connect, but when I view source, it still shows the Error 500 code.

at_oussama81

Reaction score
Actually the Boru Server is under maintenance, so chpin and others are working fine, the staff didn't put a timeline for fixing... i still have the problem, but hope they'll fix the server soon :redface:

jtb_btj13

Reaction score
If this maintenance boru is just waiting to finish this task performed by managers excellent x10.

belltown

Reaction score
Looks like they're making progress. FTP and cPanel seem to be working now, although cPanel doesn't seem to know which version of PHP is running; I think they're upgrading to version 5.3.10. It looks like the Apache web server isn't fully configured yet.

mlinton_ford40

Reaction score
I am getting nice things this morning also - email, site, cpanel, all working!

One problem, I cannot send email from webmail or email client - I get "smtp error -1 failed to connect to server"

God bless x10

ellescuba27

Reaction score
Please fix the MySQL problem! Noone on Boru can connect to it and it makes my page appear blank! I've had a support ticket about it for days and noone seems to notice! I get this mysql_error() :
Could not connect: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.