Resolved Cpanel problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisownma

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just about to look into doing a 303 redirect from my old domain name to a new one and I noticed I couldn't login to the Cpanel. I read that there had been some server changes because Cpanel had been bought etc and when I click the link to 'open Cpanel', I get this error message:

Sign in Successful
Please standby while transfer you to your web hosting account.

An error has occurred forwarding your sign in. Retry

Now, I get that this is probably to do with Cpanel no longer being used but I'm not sure what to do about it. I'm not great with server stuff so apologies but what's muddied the water is that I use Cloudflare and that doesn't appear to be working either and I can't login to the Cloudflare account. My issue is, is this something that I can't sort out until Cloudflare is back up and running? Also, does it matter which one of these:

x11 = 198.91.81.11
x12 = 198.91.81.12
x13 = 198.91.81.13
x14 = 198.91.81.14
x15 = 198.91.81.15

I use?

Sorry if that's really incoherent and rambling!

Thanks,

Kieran.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure what exactly went wrong with your account, I see that you had properly logged into the account panel a few times since migrations was started, but yet I could not locate the account on the actual DirectAdmin server.

I grabbed the backup we have from right before the old servers were decommissioned, if you have cloudflare for your domain it was likely working up until a few days ago when the old servers was taken offline and any changes would probably have been done on the account there as well.

I have restored your account.

About the second question, yes it matters as only one IP corresponds with your server. Your server is x13, which gives that the IP you should use is: 198.91.81.13

Updating the IP can not be done without being able to login to CloudFlare, the option, if you can't get in there in a timely manner, would be to use our name servers, or your registrars in the meantime, if you chose the later make sure to set the A record for the domain properly

If you chose our name servers, they are. ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com

hisownma

Reaction score
@Anna Thank you! I logged into Cloudflare, no problem and I've updated the A record with 198.91.81.13 and my website is back up and running! Thanks for understanding my badly worded post! :)

I was able to login to Direct Admin as well, so now I just need to work out how to a 301 Redirect! :)

Thanks again!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear the site is back to working now.

As for redirects, the easiest is probably to create it using the option "Site Redirection" in DirectAdmin

hisownma

Reaction score
Anna, to be honest, I'm not sure I know what I'm doing with it and I think I've confused myself a bit. Is there anywhere that I can find a help guide on DirectAdmin? It's been so long since I've done this sort of thing that I can't remember exactly what I'm doing and I've got Cloudflare in the mix and my rubbish domain name providers (Oneandone Ionos) too.

Thanks for your help again!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
In DirectAdmin, under Account Manager, there is an option called Site redirection for direct access to that page: https://x13.x10hosting.com:2222/user/redirects (you need to make sure you are logged in first).

Make sure that the domain you want to redirect from is listed in the domains dropdown: https://www.screencast.com/t/RGXjctLmQqrF

Click "Create New". This will give you a form to input the domain information into
In the top field leave as it is if, chose redirection type in the middle (301 is deafult), in the last input field put the domain you want to redirect to.

hisownma

Reaction score
Thanks again, Anna!

Cloudflare's working and I've just set up the redirect and it worked perfectly, straight away!

Can I ask you one more question, please? I've copied my site into a new subdomain under 'domains' in the root. Can I leave my old site under the original site where it is or should I delete it? I'm just concerned about being penalised by Google for duplicating content.

Thanks again for answering my novice questions! :lol:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are sure all parts are correctly in place you can delete the content, BUT if this is the domain you have a redirect FROM, you should at least leave the domain up so previous users can find your new address.

If this is indeed the same as you redirect from, you can safely leave everything in place though as google (and other search engins) would not read the content, they'd follow the redirect, or at least that is what they should do.

hisownma

Reaction score
If you are sure all parts are correctly in place you can delete the content, BUT if this is the domain you have a redirect FROM, you should at least leave the domain up so previous users can find your new address.

If this is indeed the same as you redirect from, you can safely leave everything in place though as google (and other search engins) would not read the content, they'd follow the redirect, or at least that is what they should do.

Perfect! Thanks, Anna. Thats what I was hoping you were going to say!

I think that's me all done, for now. Thanks again for all your help!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll mark this as resolved then.

If you need any more assistance don't hesitate to ask :)

Status
Not open for further replies.