Cpanel upgrade apache thing again, and 404

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mashy

Reaction score
Ok, so yesterday I had this apache 'great success' upgrade thing when I tried to access my site through the www. address. After clearing my cache and possibly doing something else which I can't remember, it started working properly again.

Then I made an update to the site, and now I still get the apache upgrade thing, and when I try to access it any other way, or a subdomain on the site I get a 404 not found error.
I did update all of my pages - I changed the template for them slightly. There was probably an easier way of updating them to the new template without reuploading each one.

If anyone knows how to get around this 404 and apache cpanel thing error, then please let me know.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Mind me asking what server you are on? I know last night, there was an update with cPanel which was meant to fix some errors similar to this, although it might not be related...Also what is your URL?

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
According to those URL's i'm getting a "Domain avaliable" page, it might mean your account has been deleted for some reason? I'm not sure, but it's worth waiting for Corey to come and answer this one, as he can check the Server for an account under yours and check for any account problems regarding the site.

Mashy

Reaction score
I don't think it's been deleted, I can still login and everything, and it says that I'm not suspended.

Mashy

Reaction score
I cannot view my site, but I can still login to my cpanel and modify files.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you getting the domain avaliable page? a 404 error or apache page at the moment?

Mashy

Reaction score
The apache page if I try to visit my index page, but a 404 page not found if I try to visit any others (ie .com/forum).
I tried visiting through a proxy and got the domain available page, which is really strange.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, i've got a feeling what you're seeing is cached data, clear your temp files etc... and try your site again, because i am seeing a domain avaliable page..

Mashy

Reaction score
Sorry, but how do I do that? Do you mean for my browser, or for my website?
I can do it for my browser easily, but I don't think that's what you mean.

Also, I think I may have just found a problem. I just noticed that when I go into the file manager, the bottom option is the root of the .com domain that I parked, and not syndicate.x10hosting.com . Might this be the problem with the 404 errors?

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, i'm suprised no account managers have been on to review this yet, they musn't be online... but yeah, i see domain avaliable page whenever i visit those two URL's....I don't know what else i could do from here, an account manager basically needs to check if the account exists, and if so, why it's acting weird... Sorry i couldn't be more help.

Mashy

Reaction score
Oh, well thank you for trying.
Edit:
Damn, I just tried to sign in to cpanel, and it asked me for my password, which was odd as my password manager usually deals with that. The password it kept giving was 'invalid' according to cpanel, so I inputted it manually and it was still 'invalid'.
I was wondering if anyone knew what was up.
Oh, and the apache thing has gone now, but now my site says 'domain available', even though I can still log in to my x10 account.

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It does seem to me that your account has probably been deleted, and for some reason you could still login to cPanel after... but now it does sound like it's gone... talk to Corey about it.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Lonnnnggg thread.

Okay, your subdomain was replaced with theneoclassicaldeathmetalsyndicate.com

You had a redirect in your .htaccess file pointing to your subdomain that didn't exist anymore. I commented out the redirect. Your domain now works. (Clear temp files, Restart Browser).

If you still want your subdomain you'll have to go to your account panel:
http://x10hosting.com/login and switch back to it, then park your real domain through your cPanel.

-Corey

Mashy

Reaction score
Ok, thank you very much.
One extra slight problem though, my cpanel won't let me in. This is probably entirely my own fault, but I'd be really grateful if you could change it for me.
So, umm... if you have a spare moment, could you please change the password and pm me the new one?

Sorry about this, and once again, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.