CPanel wont let me log in "You must specify a username to login"

Status
Not open for further replies.

isonoobh

Reaction score
When I try logging into the cpanel it doesn't let me saying "You must specify a username to login". And I used my user, with right password? It even says, Sucsessfull, redricting..?

Last edited:

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
How are you accessing the cPanel login page? To simplify matters, it's best to log in through the account portal. Remember, your hosting account (used for cPanel access) is different from your forum account; they don't have to have the same password or even the same username.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Further to misson's post, please try the following:

1. Log out and then back in to your account portal (this step is important, so do not skip it)
2. click the blue access cpanel button

Reply here if it worked or not (and if it didn't, what error(s) you continue to receive)

btrotter

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem. Clicking on the blue CPanel button at the account portal.. I get to a login, I enter my userid and password and get "Login successful, redirecting"... and get redirected back to the login screen...

northe5

Banned
Reaction score
try one of these

YOUR-DOMAIN-NAME.com:2083 (secure)
or
YOUR-NAME.x10.mx:2083 (secure)

(NOTE: Removed unsecured access method)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Please try clearing your cache and flushing your DNS.

@northe5: The Account Portal should automatically redirect them to the secure cPanel address on clicking the blue Access cPanel button. Also, we discourage using the insecure 2082 version.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Your password cannot contain your username, so you might be running into issues there (the portal allows it, but cpanel rejects it). If your password contains your username, you'll need to change it before being able to access cpanel.

northe5

Banned
Reaction score
@northe5: The Account Portal should automatically redirect them to the secure cPanel address on clicking the blue Access cPanel button. Also, we discourage using the insecure 2082 version.
ok, no problem just trying to help and will remember not to give insecure way in the future :)

alexriv

Reaction score
OK here might be a SOLUTION!
If you have just registered go to the main page http://x10hosting.com/ click on Account Portal, the on the top right Log Out. Now close your browser and log in. That must help! At least it did for me 2 mins ago.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
OK here might be a SOLUTION!
If you have just registered go to the main page http://x10hosting.com/ click on Account Portal, the on the top right Log Out. Now close your browser and log in. That must help! At least it did for me 2 mins ago.

See Sharky's post above, we've been telling people that all along :)

Glad to know it worked for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.