cPanel & wordpress - connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eN0ch

Reaction score
I'm guessing my problems are all to do with the current stuff Corey is doing, but I'm not geeky enough to understand. So I'd appreciate some assurance for someone.

My issue: The trail starts a few hours ago check with the moment I routinely checked in to my wordpress blog (hosted on my x10 space) to find that all tags and categories have disappeared from all my posts. From a check of the wordpress.org help forums, this seems to happen to people and then it sometimes fixes itself. But categorical solutions seem hard to find. I found one post here with some stuff about the /tmp directory on the server being full and needing the host support staff to free it up.

No idea whether that's my problem. But anyway I began following that trail. That's when i found a blank page where my cPanel should have been!

So I had a look at the Announcements on here, and Corey's explanation sounds like it might relate to my issue. But I'm too much of a noob to know.

Anyway I've just tried squizzing at my databases in phpmyadmin . From what I can make out with my geek-challenged brain the categories seem to still exist, but the posts don't have categories attached to them.

Can anyone enlighten me as to whether whether :
• my tag & category problem is likely to be a server issue, and if so
• it's likely associated with the stuff Cory is working on, and if so
• whether it should be fixed automatically when Corey's finished the current work, or
• whether I'd need to submit a support ticket after it's all over.

Thanks.

Elesarr

Reaction score
eN0ch,

I can at the least assure you that the cPanel is related to the stuff Corey is talking about ;)

As far as your wordpress installation, I have never used it so I am unable to give you direction or reassurance there. I am sure someone will come along who knows wordpress though and aid you ;)

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone enlighten me as to whether whether :
• my tag & category problem is likely to be a server issue, and if so
• it's likely associated with the stuff Cory is working on, and if so
• whether it should be fixed automatically when Corey's finished the current work, or
• whether I'd need to submit a support ticket after it's all over.

Thanks.

Can't promise I'm 100% accurate on this, but I -do- believe it will resolve itself; mine got messed up on Artic (paid) during a MySQL rebuild where some extra function got enabled for a user who wanted it.

Didn't break anything but for about 2 minutes it lost the tags, then came back on its own.

However, I'm not entirely sure -what- was done to bring them back; might've been an admin restoring a database backup from just before the update was done, I have no idea.

Just relaying my similar experience; if you happen to have a recent databsae backup though, I'd use it and get the tags back for now :)

eN0ch

Reaction score
OK, thanks, Livewire. You've given me some transient hope, anyway ;-)

all4God

Reaction score
With regards Wordpress - i have the same issue on my account too
But on Saturday the same thing happened, and it was fine on sunday and yesterday, so my guess is it is just something they have disabled with php during the upgrades is unfortunately causing issues, and it'll fix itself again soon i hope

eN0ch

Reaction score
Thanks, all4God (I'm all for him too :) ). That adds a piece of the jigsaw rather nicely. I'll sleep more easily ... ;-)

eN0ch

Reaction score
Update:

• yesterday the categories & tags reappeared
• then I fell victim to the mysterious suspension for high usage that's knocking everyone over like swine flu
• now I'm unsuspended and back online, but ...
• the categories & tags have vamoosed again!

Presumably if they came back before, they'll come back again ... ?

zen-r

Reaction score
Perhaps this site should be re-named rollercoaster-hosting.com ?!!! ;)

eN0ch

Reaction score
yup .. let's just hope it stays on the rails anyway .. ;)
Edit:
All seems hunky dory now :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.