Cracked Earth...

amrith92

Reaction score
I have just worked on a set of graphics that are all nature oriented (very natural and earthy), as an alternative to the shiny world of Web 2.0 . I'm about to release the collection, but I still haven't decided on the cover image. I tried one design, and would like to know what all of you think of it...

Thanks!

Attachments

• crackedearth-x10.jpg
    crackedearth-x10.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't like the colors. You could add some brightness and saturation to it.

amrith92

Reaction score
Thanks for your comment! Yes, the colours look a bit dull, but brighter colours make it look too artificial (Am doing a collection on Earth/Nature related art)... But the point about the saturation was useful... will improve the design.

etortugo

Reaction score
I agree, the effect looks nice, but the colors are a little odd!

amrith92

Reaction score
Oh Dear! I think I forgot to mention that by "Earth" I meant Earth as the planet, and not soil... If this is why you all think the colours are odd, then please forgive my mistake in not mentioning this, but if not, then I'll have to consider changing the colours as well. As always, thanks for your comment!

amrith92

Reaction score
Ok, I have made some changes to the cover design, and have attached it below. Is it any better than the first one I made, or do I need to put in extra effort?

Thanks!

Attachments

• crackedearthbrown.jpg
    crackedearthbrown.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 41
  • crackedearthgreen.jpg
    crackedearthgreen.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 39

dyreplus

Reaction score
I actually like the first one you made... I must say it seems weird that there is cracked earth with green stuff (moss?), though... and even in the all brown design, it seems strange that earth that cracked would still have such a rich red brown colour.

Things to consider. :3

imieiam

Reaction score
The Brown does look better but the text should be different maybe very light brown instead of yellow, hopefully it will give the effect that the text is imprinted in the earth! I think the blue is ok maybe you should try a light green. Anyway cool design dude!

frankfriend

Reaction score
I agree that the brown one looks better - perhaps because you'd expect cracked earth to look brown, that , not green, which implies water or algae.
Try it with different coloured lettering, the present ones seem to clash and are too large